SEVENTEEN: SECRETS

SEVENTEEN: SECRETS

A month had passed.

Nothing a single word uttered since Riley found out where Zayn and Marcus stood about her situation. As for her health, mental health, nothing changed. There were times where she completely shut everything out and stayed to herself. Nights where she just couldn't sleep. So, she stayed on the balcony instead. With music, she tried to drown her pain, but that didn't work. There were nights when she cried herself to sleep because of the guilt. Knowing that she could've cost her father his life because of her lifestyle.

Today, was another one of those days. She was exercising in the gym when Cameron walked in. He had a tray in hand as he knocked to get her attention. "Breakfast's ready, Red."

"I'm not hungry, Cam," she replied quickly still focused on the punching bag in front of her.

"You haven't eaten a proper meal in almost two days, Riley," he pointed out setting the tray on the bench nearby her. "You haven't even slept properly either."

"No need to worry about me. I'm fine," she told him drily.

"Are you really, Riley? Or is that just you bottling up your emotions again? Better yet, your guilty because of everything, am I right?" he asked her. She was about to punch the punching bag again when he grabbed her hand. "Is it also because you feel that you're the reason for your father's situation right now?"

"I don't feel that I'm the reason my dad is in a coma right now, Cameron. I am the reason he is in a coma right now. I'm the reason he almost died. I'm the reason he got dragged into my mess."

Knowing she was right, he sighed slowly leveling her hand down. "I would tell you that things will get better, but that doesn't do much. Yes, you were an idiot, knowing what you were bringing with you, to go to see him, but that's what you wanted right? To see your dad?"

She nodded. "Is that selfish of me?"

"Of course not, love. You missed him. You just wanted to make sure he was okay."

"But still, Cam, I still went. I even stayed when I wasn't supposed to and now..." her voice became quieter. "I doubt he'll ever look at me the same again. He'll never see me as his daughter again...just as the most wanted killer in America."

He hugged her tightly as he noticed her teary eyes. "We'll get through this, okay?"

"Zayn was right. I should've traded myself for him. I should've just...went back." She whispered in his chest.

"I'm not letting you go back you understand me?" he said sternly, pulling back from the hug. He held her shoulders. "I won't let that happen. There's no way I'm letting you put yourself through that again. That man doesn't know the truth. He doesn't know the hell we went through just to walk freely for once. And I'm going to show him. I'm going to show him the story, our story. The reason we are the infamous twin dragons. So, please. Don't do that again. Don't shut me out again. I hate seeing you like this. Crying yourself to sleep, the razors, not eating. I'm here for you. Allow me to carry your pain too."

As hard as she tried to, the tears came down flooding. Without hesitation, he hugged her again as she soaked his shirt with her tears. All of it was there, the pain, the anger and anguish. Everything fell down her cheeks, tear after tear. Her river never stopped as her sobs joined it. All that pain she had been carrying with her came down on her like a brick. For such a long time, she had been pulling that cinder block with her. Now, she had help.

He rubbed her hair softly, gently laying a kiss on her forehead.

***

Inside the living room, they all sat. Cameron sat close to Riley, and Eli, Zayn and Marcus sat across from them.