FIFTEEN: PENT-UP PAIN PART 2

"Good morning, red," he whispered against her hair knowing she was awake.

"Why are you still here?" she asked.

She gently took his hands and peeled them off of her. Sitting up, he watched her propping himself on his elbow. "Because I want to be."

"I'm sure you have better things to—"

"We need to talk, red."

She scoffed. "We have nothing to talk about, Cameron."

"The letter. I never wrote it," he sat up fully, giving her a serious look.

She chuckled bitterly, "I know you're handwriting, Cameron. It matched on the letter perfectly."

He sighed knowing she wasn't going to be convinced, but he came prepared. "I got the exact same letter, red."

"What?"

"Here," he pulled up the letter on his phone and showed it to her.

"If you didn't write it, then..."

"He wrote it. He orchestrated an entire plan just to get rid of me so that he could have you to himself," Cameron revealed taking her hands in his. "Riley, I'd be dumb to let what we had back then go. I'd be dumb to let you go."

"Why did you?" her voice grew shaky. "Why did you leave when I needed you most, Cameron?"

"I left to find you," he whispered guilty.

"I never left there. He..." she paused feeling herself breaking again. The memories flooding back.

"I know," he pulled her into his warm embrace.

"No, you don't," she whispered to him.

He pulled back with his eyebrows furrowed. "What do you mean?"

"After you left," she began taking a deep breath. "Things got worse..."

"How worse?" he asked, his voice low. He looked at her with eyes darker than the ocean floor, muscles tensing, jaw clenched tightened.

She sighed. "A week after you left, I found out that I was six weeks pregnant with his child. I was mortified. Scared that he'd find out, I begged Vince not to tell him, but..." her eyes became teary again. "I was humiliated by some of the girls there and the news got to him. After my fight, the weekend after, he was sitting in my room waiting for me. Then I woke up the next morning bleeding out between my legs. Sadly, that wasn't enough for him. So, he forced me into marrying him."

Hearing this, Cameron's blood boiling. The thoughts raced through his head. He couldn't imagine the love of his life marrying that monster. Right then there, he knew what he needed to do. He didn't care whether Riley liked it or not. "Start packing."

"Cameron, you know I can't leave my dad nor Marcus nor his bodyguard like this. I have to save them," she protested.

"You're not allowed to walk into his trap, understand? Let me handle this, okay?"

"But—"

"Start packing," he told her, looking at her sternly.

***

The aroma of food was welcomed as she made way downstairs. When she made her way to the kitchen, she stopped seeing him. Cameron was cooking. Riley couldn't resist the sight. She sat on the stool watching him quietly. His muscles flexed each time he moved, seeping through his shirt.

Black Mask [formerly known as The Street Fighter]- BOOK Iजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें