Dangerous Past, Dangerous Future

Jerome x Reader

          You sat, crying on the chair, your hands losing more feeling with each passing moment from the tight roped that constricted them. And your captors forced more words out of you with each bash, each stab, each sickening poison. They forced memories out that even you barely remembered. Your mind struggled to recall that day. But you told your tale.
          "He found me on the rooftop of my father's apartment building. I was crying...because...my boyfriend had broken up with me." The lie was flimsy but a minor part of the story. Ignoring your hesitation, you continued with a strained throat. "He said his name was Jerome. He asked me why I was down, and told me to smile.
          "I couldn't smile...but he pulled me over to the side of the building and we sat where our feet dangled down over an alleyway. We watched people walk in, walk out. We watched people walk in and never come back. We sat there for hours just...watching.
          "He told me stories, too. Tales of strange men and women that used to live in this city, strange men and women that were to live here some day. Jerome made me laugh until tears were rolling down my cheeks and he laughed with me. There was something odd in that laugh..." You paused and a faraway look must've crossed your face because the kidnappers urged you to continue.
          "The-" you choked back a sob as the pain of a bleeding wound on your side worsened. "The sun set eventually...and...and Jerome told me he'd see me again. He stood up to say goodbye and that's when I noticed something about his outfit. It was a-a prisoner's outfit. Or like the kind from Arkham! But I didn't have time to thing about it. My Dad found out where I was, and he pulled me back inside. When I looked back, Jerome was gone. But his laugh never left me..."
          The two men who had kidnapped you wore masks, so you couldn't identify them, but they gave each other strange look. "That was eight years ago, you say?" one of them questioned.
          You nodded, shaking with fear and mentally praying they'd let you go.
          "The timing matches up," the other one muttered to the first. They exchanged looks yet again and whispered a few things you couldn't quite make out before turning back to you.
          "Well, we hate to break it to you, but your childhood boyfriend is the Joker."
          The words took moments to register, feet sinking into quicksand. No, you think, nonononono. You had only seen him the one time, but this...?
"YOU'RE LYING!" you scream, trying to break free from the twisted ropes that bound you.
The Joker. A notorious criminal psychopath. He's killed hundreds of people, if not thousands. And I MET him as a teenager.
          The thugs pulled of their ski masks, revealing the faces of the Penguin and the Riddler. Your mind buzzed like never before, the thought of all these dangerous things that had happened to you and where did your life go so horribly wrong?
          So you closed your eyes and let out an ear-piercing scream, enough to shatter windows and place a sickening feeling in your stomach. Only it didn't last long, because about 4 seconds later, a bullet had flown through your skull.

Author's Note: My my my was that a fun one to write. I love all the intertwining stories and including Joker!Jerome in this. Man do I wish he actually was the Joker! :'( However, it's been confirmed that he isn't so I should stop getting my hopes up. At least he IS coming back! I do look forward to seeing him again regardless (smol murder carrot).
BTW, did anyone see Batman V Superman because I'm totally up for talking about that with someone if you wanna?? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )