Rhyme and Unreason

Jervis x Reader

Rhymes. It's all he ever speaks in now. Every rational thought had escaped his mind ever since the loss of his sister. The man's been stripped of all reason and reduced to a dreamlike state of mental chaos.

Despite everything, though, you visit him. Each day brings a new shade of hopelessness. No matter how hard you plead, he doesn't come back to reality. At this point, it's doubtful he even remembers your name.

"Jervis," you beg, one rainy day on a visit to the Asylum. "please don't do this."

"As sadness overcomes your mind/it's madness that takes over mine." As he speaks, his eyes dart around quickly, wide, as though trying to look inside himself.

"No, listen, I came here to help you...don't do this to me again."

"Your words are echoes/you need to let go/everything but malice/my darling Alice."

"Wait...what?"

He laughs and laughs, rattling in the straight jacket and throwing his head back. Looking at him, it's hard to think he was ever sane...Tears form in your eyes as the thought of him forgetting you penetrates your drooping heart.

"Jervis, I'm not Alice. Alice is dead, remember? It's me, Y/N." Every word gets smaller until your voice is but a desperate whisper.

He grows quiet at this, eyes wandering to the floor and lips softly closing.

"Please." One last time.

No response.

Something untied inside of you. Grabbing your coat, you walk away from it all.

"Wait...I love you."

You never new if he was speaking to you...or Alice.

Author's Note: This is kinda late whoops. Hope it satisfied your current Gotham needs until tomorrow!
ALSO who's excited about Jerome coming back?! It's confirmed he will come back in the midseason finally! FINALLY MY HUSBAND IS RETURNING!