Best Day

Cory Michael Smith x Reader

For weeks, you had been practically begging for this moment. Gotham being your favorite show in the world, how could you not jump at the chance to meet the Riddler?! Yet as you stand in the colossal line to take a picture with Cory Michael Smith at a local comic-con, nerves get to you. It didn't help that you were the very last one in that line.

What if he thinks I'm lame? What if he thinks I'm not a real fan because I'm not in costume? What if...? The list of awful possibilities seems endless. The line crawls along, and the sweat on your forehead grows. You wipe it off hastily, not eager for Cory or anyone to see how anxious you are.

An usher sends another group of people into the next room, separated with nothing but a red and white curtain. Your head swivels, trying to peek inside, but it's useless. You're about to go in anyway.

"Alright, last five!" the usher lady calls, looking up from your clipboard. "You're up!"

This is it, you think. You're about to lay eyes on the Cory Michael Smith. The four people in front of you shuffle inside, and you take a deep breath before following shortly.

But that breath is very shortly after exhaled in one sharp movement as you see Cory with his arm around another guest, smiling into a camera. His face glows with joy and he waves at the fan as they leave.

Your shoulders relax. The very fact that Cory looks happy to be here with the fans is enough to make your heart swell like a balloon. You gaze at him as he takes pictures with the other fans, taking in every gesture and facial expression he gives off.

Then it's your turn. Smiling goofily, you step right up next to him. He puts his arm around you and you grin even bigger, hoping the picture turns out well.

Then you two break apart and he turns to face you. "Are you enjoying the convention?"

"Y-yeah! Well, I haven't gotten the chance to look around much yet. It's my first con..."

"Really? Care to take a look around?" he offers.

This is it - the moment of every nerd's fantasy. "W-with you?"

He shrugs happily. "Why not? I haven't gotten the chance to scope out the scene yet either so I thought-"

"Smith! You're on break!" a worker calls.

He rubs the back of his neck and chuckles.

So the rest of the day is spent with the one and only Cory Michael Smith, checking out all the cool cosplayers and buying neat stuff. He gets you ice cream, though you insist on paying him back. Overall, it was the best day you'd had in awhile, and Cory seemed to agree.

Author's Note: Helloo! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME FOR NOT UPDATING IK IT'S BEEN LIKE A MONTH I'M SORRY!!! Hehe, yeah... lot's of things have been going on recently like finals and comic-con...anyway, I'm BACK! Though I'm going on vacation next week, I'm going to write a lot before then, so hopefully things can go back to regular schedule. Anyway, tell me if you liked this imagine and, um, have a nice day! Btw you can still request things but I'm kind of backed up with requests rn so it might be a while. swindlet requested a Cory Michael Smith one soo (idk if this is what you wanted) but it happened!