His Alice

Jervis x Reader

You went to the Sirens bar on that night, not expecting hypnosis or kissing or a mad man, but you got all three. It went a little something like this:

First off, there was a special guest whom one of the hostesses had invited, some man named Jervis Tetch. Not someone you heard of, nor expected, yet his performance was absolutely intriguing.

He used a pocket watch, just like in a fairy tale or something you would have thought real only as a child, yet somehow made each and every demonstrator obey his commands. They were under a spell, practically, entranced by the ticking and the blacks of his eyes, ready to follow his orders and become a slave. A power that seemed far to great for any one person.

"And for my last volunteer..." he spoke, as the night began to grow heavy. Jervis' eyes scanned the room of hungry party-goers, mostly rich people wearing luxurious clothing. Then, his gaze fell upon you. You felt him examining you, an up and down stare that made you feel quite bare. It was almost as if he was saying 'yes, she will do.'

"You." A simple word uttered and a long flick of his wrist.

Adjusting your clothing a bit, you walked up the stage steps, not quite sure about this idea of giving away your mind without a second thought...if this hypnosis thing really was real.

"Alright, my dear," Jervis began, holding up that pocket watch and meeting your eyes. "Listen to the watch. The way it ticks - it synchronizes with your heart beat. Now, look into my eyes..."

You do as he says, meeting his stone cold gaze with hesitant pupils.

"...not above them...not around them..."

Now his black eyes began to bore into yours, and it's almost like you couldn't turn away, almost like...

"...but deep into their centers...you feel completely relaxed, and ready to do anything..."

Time was becoming lazier and lazier. You could've sworn everything was slow, and god, that ticking noise wouldn't escape your soul...it's presence both calming and unsettling, though there was nothing you could do...

"...anything..."

No.

"...I..."

No.

...say."

Yes.

Jervis snapped the watch shut and smiled. You followed his gaze, a zombie awaiting purpose.

"You are a girl named Alice...and you are madly in love with me."

As soon as those words escaped his mouth, everything else washed away. Alice, it's what you've always been. Nothing weird about it. And, oh, that was Jervis Tetch. Your Jervis Tetch.

He smiled cooly, but his eyes seemed just giddy with excitement, he had a face ready to be held in your hands...

With no restraint, you walked closer to him, lay your fingers on his cheek, and pressed your lips into his. He responded positively, running a hand through your hair and speaking softly the word, Alice.

After a few heavenly moments you allowed yourself to slowly melt away from his mouth and settled on a captivating mutual gaze. It's what distracted you as he opened the watch again and ended the ticking abruptly.

All thoughts scattered from your brain like scared mice, and you were left heated and speechless. The crowd was wide eyed and silent. You backed away from Jervis slowly at first, with horror and confusion on your face, then you broke out into a full-on run. The click-clacking of your shoes echoed through the silent room.

Though there's one last thing you heard - or, at least, you think you heard - on your way out the door. "Goodbye, my Alice."

Author's Note: OKAY I FREAKED MYSELF OUT BY WRITING THIS ONE. THERE'S SO MANY THINGS WRONG WITH HIM AND THIS AND ME AND OKAY I'M NOT HYSTERICAL, WH A T?? PSHH. (LEAVE FEEDBACK!!!1! WAS THIS GOOD? WHO LIKES JERVIS?? WAS THIS TOO MUCH OR-)
ANYWAY, sorryyyyyyyyyyy that the update came so late. Life has been so hectic and busy and emotional and confusing for me lately. Sometimes I just don't have time for this book, but I PROMISE I will never ever abandon it completely. It's times like tonight when I am reminded of how fun and honestly quite scary it is to write - like entering a new world.
So see you next chapter!