Autumn Boy

Jerome x Reader

Leaves flutter down from the trees like paper that takes it's time on the way to the ground. Everything is rusty orange, chocolate brown, and crimson. The park in Gotham is beautiful, for once.

You had decided to grab a sketchbook and get out of the house, so you plant yourself on a park bench and begin to illustrate the scene in front of you.

Luckily, the park is unoccupied, so you sit in solitary silence. Peacefulness reaches your heart within five minutes of quiet drawing - it becomes a sort of rhythm.

But then something, well, someone happens. Someone who was not very peaceful.

"Watcha makin?"

Jerking upwards, you instinctively hide your artwork. Whoever this guy is, he isn't very discreet about...anything, it seems.

But then you see his face and something twists inside you. Red hair. Cream skin, dotted with freckles. A smile like a kid on Christmas morning.

This boy is Autumn.

"What's wrong, precious, don't wanna share?"

"I..." you glance down at the sketch. "It's not very good."

His eyebrows rise and fall in a quick, cheerful motion. "Well, neither am I. Doesn't mean it's not worth sharing."

Slowly, you give in to his battering and move the paper within view. Roughly created trees grace it's surface, a reflection of your surroundings.

His smile fades, but is replaced with a slightly gentler one. This one, you decide, is more real.

"It's perfect." he concludes.

Your face lights up.

Playful expression returning, he requests you draw a picture of him this time.

"I dunno...I'm not that good."

He rolls his eyes. "Please. This isn't the time to be modest, Y/N!"

Your heart skips a beat. "...how did you know my name...?"

"Relax. It was on the back of your sketchbook."

"Oh." Initiate awkward blushy face.

"I may be a psychopathic killer, but I'm no stalker," he mutters.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Wait, so, what did you say your name was?"

"I"ll tell ya what, draw a picture of me, and I'll tell ya."

"Fine."

You can feel his eyes on you as your pencil moves across the paper. And every now and then, both of your eyes meet as you look up for reference.

Finally, after a minute or two, you finish and offer him the sketchpad.

He takes and scans it. He looks at it for a long time. "You drew me without a smile." he says after a while.

You shrug. "No one smiles all the time."

"Then you don't know me," he teases.

A funny feeling begins to creep down your spine. "...what is your name?" you ask slowly.

But he is already up, sketchbook still in hand, and walking away.

Before you can think, he gives you one last grin and says, "Goodbye, Y/N."

"Goodbye Autumn boy," you whisper.

Author's Note: Yall deserve more chapters, so here you go (also this is my 50th chapter?? woah.) I put actual effort into it this time. Ik I said it would be Halloween related, but this is what I originally had in mind (don't worry, I will write some Halloween imagines next). I hope you guys like Autumn as much as I do! Peace out,
-Emma