Chapter 2

Three years later

Rinn... you will never escape from me. NEVER. You will wind up dead just like your family.

Watch out, Rinn...

"Rinn! Rinn! Wake up, we're in the middle of Mr. Oga's lesson!"

I woke abruptly from a troubled sleep. All eyes were on me including Mr. Oga's.

"Sorry, I fell asleep." I apologized half-heartedly but Mr. Oga ignored me and went on with his lessons.

The bell rang and it's time for a break. As I walked down the corridor, a bunch of girls ran past me in haste.

'I wonder why they're in such a hurry.' Couldn't care much, I headed towards the cafeteria.

Now I could see why, I found two boys, surrounded by students, fighting. Exchanging bashful punches and assaulting against each other. Just another typical knuckle fight. I sat down at one of the tables and watched as I ate.

It hadn't been five minutes when one of them collapsed with a blow on the face, blood flew out from his nose. He had three piercings on his left ear and was bald. The other left standing was actually my classmate, Sei. He stood firmly, though he was badly injured. His eyes were strangely unique. The color, dark blue rims around the iris with a mix of pale blue and white. How could I not notice him in class?

Just then, the teachers came. 'Well, it's about time.'

I exited the cafeteria after I was done eating and gave one last look at Sei, and somehow, he shot back a glare. Our eyes met but I broke it off. That sent chills down my spine, how scary.

On my way back to class, I mused about the dream I had just now. 'What the hell was that about?'

"Rinn..."

I stopped and turned around. No one's there.

'Didn't someone just call out my name? That's weird. My ears must had tricked me. Also, where did everyone go? There's not a single trace of anyone. Hmm... they're probably just back in class. Yup, I shouldn't worry too much.'

I entered my class and to my surprise, no one. 'What's going on?'

"Everyone had already assembled in the hall, what are you doing here, girl?" from behind, Mr. Oga stood by the doorway.

"Oh really? I didn't hear anyth..."

"Go there now!" I was interrupted by his harsh tone. Stunned, I listened to him and went as instructed.

'Something's fishy here. First of all, even though Mr. Oga's mad, he wouldn't express it to his students. What's with the change of attitude? Plus, I didn't hear anything about going to the hall.'

Halfway there, I noticed something odd. From outside, there's a building that stood out among the rest. Much taller than any other. It was one that I had never seen before. 'Is it newly built? Can't be, even if it is, it'd have been on news.' Due to curiosity, I disregarded Mr. Oga's order and dashed off to the rooftop, for a better view and for a clearer confirmation.

As soon as I turned the door knob and entered, the first thing that came to mind was...

"Where am I?"