Chapter 17 - A Deadly Surprise

I gave Sei a light push, "Hurry up and go."  

"You sounded so heroic, Rinn." Shou snickered as Sei limped to the staircase. I sighed, 'Not to be cruel but only if I never came across Sei then I would've never known him and will just sacrifice him.'

With Sei still on his way to the staircase, I stood in front of my dead brother. There weren't any wounds on him. He looked perfectly fine excluding his pale skin.

'Well, he's still dead. I wonder if there's a hole in his chest.'

I was not disgusted as I pulled up his shirt to see whether there's a hole at where his heart was located.

'There's no stitches or any marks on his chest. Funny, did Shou...'

The sound of gunshots disrupted my thoughts and I instinctively turned around.

Sei was shot dead. His vacant body was on the floor, blood kept flowing and formed a pool in an instant.

"Sorry, I knew you're going to turn your back on me so I killed him." Shou played with the gun he's holding and swung it around, "so in the end, you sort of used him."

"What does that even mean? If you're going to kill Sei eventually, why bother to even offer a deal?"

"If I don't do that, it won't be fun. Anyways, since he's dead already, I'm going to give you the clues. As you know, I came here through a portal. After walking through it, I was on a deserted street. I aimlessly went around, entering into every building and found a portal in one of the buildings that leads back to my lab and that's on Earth. So if u manage to find that building, you're free." he said.

"That... simple? Then didn't the masked people attack you?"

"No one did and I'm the one who made them my minions, through my genius methods. But oh well, you don't have to know. I think you should go now and search for that one building." he shooed me away, waving his hands.

"Why are you helping me when you're the bad guy?" I asked.

"It's just a game of mine. During your journey, you'll encounter someone who you'll never thought of and so, have fun." he answered.

'That didn't really answer my question but since he gave me the clues, I'll just thank him for once.'

"Thanks." I walked past Sei's dead body and to the staircase. I didn't want to think about his death so I concentrated on this building that Shou mentioned. 'Sorry, Sei.'

Rushing down, I suddenly remembered about something. 'Oh wait, my brother. I wanted to ask Shou about him. I should ask him then only I'll begin searching.' I switched direction and went up once again.

Finally at the highest floor, standing by the door and panting. I was about to enter but I heard two voices. One was Shou's but the other one sounded so familiar. It wasn't Sei or any of his assistants.

"She could've figured out that I'm not dead and who in the world would look at a corpse's chest? Why did you give her hints too? You should've killed her right away. You're unbelievable, Shou."

"Just shut your mouth for once."

I slowly opened the door a little to take a peek and, 'Shit...' I really wanted to knock myself unconscious by banging my head on the wall. Another shocking news. A whole new surprise.

That person saw me and came over. He slammed the door open and gave me a sweet smile.

"Good to see you again, little sis."