Chapter 26 - Finale

I could feel someone holding my hand tightly.

"Rinn... Rinn." a voice calmly called out my name repeatedly.

I realized that my eyes were taken out. I couldn't feel them. I tried to move my arms and legs but I felt so... rusty. The last scene that I remembered was me being shot to the head.

"Rinn." a man with a deep voice shook me softly and I reacted with a flinch. I tried to get up but wasn't able to.

"Am I covered in casts? I feel heavy." I asked.

"Yes. The bullets in your legs were removed successfully and you're injured in every part of your body."

I grunted, "I thought I was shot dead. Just... how?"

"Don't worry about that, you just need rest for now." he said and I heard a chair dragging, meaning that the guy was going to leave.

"Wait..." I tried to stop him but instead, I heard the door being opened and closed.

'Such weird behaviour.'

Still, to think that I survived through all sorts of craziness and through that shot, I just couldn't believe it.

'I wonder... where I am. In this warm atmosphere, I assume that I'm not in a hospital but... I could smell something funny. It's like... petrol.'

I heard drippings of liquid.

'That's funny. It couldn't be... right? Hahahha, leakage of petrol and hearing the sound of gas hissing. That guy saved me and he wouldn't kill me, right?' I kept asking myself, fighting back my doubts.

Just then, I heard a flick.

"For you..." a same voice spoke and he dropped something to the ground with a loud thud. The surrounding temperature began to rise rapidly.

'Fire...' I thought.

I could tell it's spreading fast, burning down the place that I'm at.

That man who set this place on fire, I could hear his loud and annoying laughter.

I stayed quiet and,

let the fire burned me whole.