Chapter 14 - Again

I had reached to the building that he mentioned. Like it was described, it's blue and red. There were no windows, just a door at the entrance and the building's super tall. The door automatically opened and I stepped inside.

The place was bright with the lights. There was nothing but a chair and a small table at the centre.

'Should I just sit on that chair to make things progress?' I procrastinated before I might make a bad move. I didn't like the silence, it gave off a bad vibe but I followed my instinct to the chair and sat down.

On the table, I saw a mini projector. Beside it was a piece of note saying, 'Press the black button of the projector.' I did that as well and a screen projector slid down the wall. 'Oh, I didn't notice there was one on the wall. This is so nerve wrecking.'

Then, a clip was played.

"Hello there, Rinn. It is I, The Unknown, who had been sending you notes ever since your arrival." a masked man in a hoodie displayed himself and he looked like the guy who killed my parents and brother.

'But come on, it couldn't be him who killed them.'

"I bet you're thinking that I looked the murderer who killed your family. Well, you are right. It's me."

"WHAT?! I thought you're dead!" I sprung up from the chair, not believing his words. I sat back down, trying to cool myself down.

'This is just a clip, it's not like he's going to answer me.'

"I didn't die. Hmm, actually it's like this." he crossed his arms and tilted his head; staring off into the air.

'What is he? An ESP?' I thought.

"Right. Remember when I killed your brother who nearly escaped with you. I managed to escape the house before the whole place was burnt down and that's how I survived! Lucky, am I not?" the clip ended and another one was played.

This time, it showed an empty dark room. I heard two claps and the lights were switched on. Four bodies. I saw four bodies hanging from the ceiling upside down; legs tied with ropes attached to the ceiling. Their face covered with different types of mask. One of them was struggling whereas the other three remained still.

"Let's see. Hmmm. Oh look, what do we have here?" The Unknown appeared. "Four lovely bodies."

'Supposedly, I came here to have my questions answered but why am I seeing all these.' I gave up on the clip and went straight for the door but it was locked. 'Damn it.'

The clip continued playing. I stayed at where I am; near by the door. The Unknown started revealing the faces of each body.

He threw the masks to the floor and I studied their faces. My legs suddenly lost its energy and went numb. I fell and trembled.

'Again and again. Why does he always bring them up almost wherever I go. Yeah, it's because he knew they're my weak points.'