Chapter 10

"What a ruthless kid, not even bothering to save the life of your own classmate and here I was thinking of using her as a distraction." Mr. Oga sighed heavily, "Kaze, why are you still on the floor? Get up and have your job done." 

"Right. Sorry, Oga." Mr. Kaze got onto his feet and swept the dust off his suit.

"Are you going to tell me or what, Oga?" Sei questioned.

"Sei, you're dropping the honorifics. That's rude of you." Mr. Oga shook his head in disappointment.

"Don't try to change the topic, Oga. Tell me now or I'll leave. You're wasting my time."

"Hmm... I'm in no rights to tell you what's going on. My role here is to have you along with that girl there annihilated. From what I know, both of you have the capabilities to..." Mr. Oga paused, "whoops, I shouldn't be chattering that much."

I didn't listen much of their conversation as I was too engaged in getting the keys that were far from my reach. 'Sei! I will get back at you for this! Just you see.'

I dragged myself forward and used my feet to latch onto the keys. It was a fail even with my long legs.

"Rinn oh Rinn, even if you're able to get the keys. They won't work on yours; only Sei's. You see, yours is special and I'm having the key to it." Mr. Oga smirked and took out a card from his pocket.

'A card?'

"My bad, the wrong item." he put it back in and rummaged his pockets for the key, "Wait, where is it?"

"Oh, is it this one that you're looking for, Oga?" out of Sei's pocket, he took out a key.

'Crap, now that it's under his possession. I'm sure he's just gonna throw it at me and tell me to handle it myself.'

"Two to one. Sei, you have no chance of winning against two guys. Give up and surrender." it was finally Mr. Kaze's turn to speak out. He didn't say anything for quite a while.

"Like hell I will surrender and you guys better not underestimate a delinquent like me. Tsk... what a pain in the ass." he clicked his tongue and our eyes met. "Rinn..." he nodded his head and I did too.

'I figure that he's gonna help me out and all I have to do now is to trust him. Trust...'

Mr. Oga and Mr. Kaze held their stances with no weapons or whatsoever; ready for the fight and charged onward to Sei.

At the same while, an explosion was heard taking place outside and the floor started quaking. Sooner or later, this place might be brought down due to the eruption.

"OGA! THE BUILDING! IT'S GONNA COLLAPSE! WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE! WE'LL COME BACK FOR THEM LATER!" Mr. Kaze panicked and both of them fled; leaving Sei and me behind.

"SEI! THE KEY!" I yelled and Sei immediately came over and unlocked the handcuff, "Quick! Let's get out!" both of us managed to escape just in time and the building subsided.

"That was close! Everything just went by so fast. Anyways, why did it explode at such a good timing?" I mumbled to myself.

"My partner planted a destructive bomb inside the building." he answered and took out a device with a red button on it, "just a press and the bomb will detonate, causing an explosion."

"You have a partner? A squad?" I asked.

"I'll answer that later. For now, you just need to follow me. You owe me one too." he inserted both his hands in both his denim pockets; looking like a total delinquent.

'Well, he is one after all.'