Chapter 5

'My left and right are just walls and my front is a chained door. The only path open... is the path the man is blocking. All that leaves out is to confront him. Wait a minute, earlier he was screaming about how I made damages to his mask when all I just gave was a punch. What will happen... if the mask is completely destroyed? Will that kill him?'

Coincidentally, I found a cane, snapped apart. The hook was fine but the end was razor-sharp. 'Okay, I can utilize that part to crack his mask entirely.'

The problem that's holding me back was that the cane's right beside the man; by the wall.

'There are no other choices. I have to get that cane.'

I took a deep breath and hesitated before I called out to him.

"H-hey!"

'This is just too terrorizing. I think I'm going to piss my pants. I've never been in this kind of situation in my life. Alone by myself and handling this alone.'

"I'm impressed. You're so good at hiding that it took me so long to find you. But you have nowhere to go now that you're trapped." he still had his axe with him. He was clenching his hand onto it which meant that he's terribly upset.

I lightly walked towards him, purposely making him think that I surrendered myself.

"Have you finally decided to give up on your escape to freedom? Yes! That's the way, alright!" he lit up, happy that he didn't have to waste any of his energy to catch me.

He reached out his axe and swung it around. He'd readied himself to chop off my head. I stood half a foot away from him with my eyes shut tight.

"I promise you I will chop you up real good." he muttered as he positioned his axe at the back of his head and swung he went.

Simultaneously, I ducked and glided over to the cane as smooth as possible. The man was taken aback; the girl in front of him had suddenly vanished. His reaction was slow and before he could comprehend the situation, I stabbed the sharp end to his mask, causing it to disintegrate. The small pieces then flew to the ground.

"NOOOOO! NOT MY MASK AGAIN!" he screeched and rolled violently on the ground, putting both his hands over his face.

'I did it! But that didn't kill him, though.'

"YOU! THE MASK WAS THE ONLY SHIELD FOR MY FACE! WHY DID YOU TARGET MY MASK!?" he questioned and exposed his face.

'His face... it's all dried up.' 

I stumbled past him. 'What could have caused his face to be like that? Indescribable, dry is all I can think of.'

He was still down, hands over his face and repeating these same words. "It's because of him that my face is like this."

'Him?' I shook my head and focused my way out. 'If I'm correct, the way to the rooftop is around here.'

Fortunately, I got the way right. The door was already pushed down so I just went past it. There was another note stuck on the wall. I pulled it off and read it.

'From The Unknown,

Good job! That man's weakness was his face! But you better hurry your way out of here because... he might still come after you.

To RINN.'

'What? My name? Just...how? Never mind that! I better hurry before he really does come.' I set off running across the bridge and left the building.

I don't care anymore even if there is another masked man waiting for me at the other building.

I will deal with it... somehow.