Chapter 11 - Reconciliation Failed

Sauntering past each and every building along side with Sei. The buildings weren't any particular. Old and worn with bridge connecting from one to another.    

Here, I really wanted to ask Sei how long he was here, how he got here, what brought him here and many more but he said that my questions will be answered later on.

'I haven't been able to see any masked man and woman ever since then. I wonder what's up. Do they not like going out and enjoy the red sky?'

"Rinn... a masked man detected." Sei claimed and stood on guard whereas I didn't see anybody.

'A masked man?'

"Are you playing with me? I don't see anyone other than you." I said, surveying my surroundings to make sure there really wasn't anybody.

"No, you're wrong. I can feel his presence but ... it's gone now. He must have disappeared."

"Huh?" what he just assumed sounded crazy enough but that might be true. Like that guy with the black striped mask, he was the same.

'Every masked person that I had faced and defeated were different in power or is that what you call it?'

Minutes went by and nothing was happening; only the sound of the wind and scraps rustling were all I could hear.

"Forget about it. Let's move on." he said and I followed him ahead. 'I have this bad feeling that the masked man might pop up any time later. I need to be real cautious now.'

"We're here." we had finally arrived at our destination; a small house. Inside, there were two guys. One working on his laptop and the other sharpening his knife. They looked at me strangely as I stood by the door.

"Garo, Tsuki. She's Rinn." Sei introduced me and sat beside the guy sharpening his knife.

"Wait, I know the both of you." I was shocked indeed. I knew them and I was certain that it's them. They used to be my seniors of the volleyball club during junior high.

A year ago, news reported that two of Karasu High's freshmen students vanished and were never be found. The two freshmen were Garo and Tsuki. It had been a year since then and now, they appeared to be fine.

"Same goes to us. So, how's life as a freshman?" Garo turned his eyes away from the computer to me and snickered softly, "enjoy being trapped and forced here?"

"Of course not!" I blurted continuously, "I had to go through troubled times to survive. Would you like it when, out of nowhere, a madman attacked you with a chainsaw?" I huffed.

"Nah, I wouldn't like that but I do know that Garo and I had gone through situations worse than yours." Tsuki said and put his knife down.

He stood up and stretched his hand out to me; asking for a shake. "I don't know what happened to you before this but congrats on making it through, Rinn. It must be hard being all alone."

"Let's work together and get out of he..." unable to convey his words completely. A stream of blood flowed down from his head to his chin. He wiped the blood off with his hand and muttered, "What's... this?"

He faltered to the floor. His head and body slowly splitting apart in two; more blood gushing out and his innards coming out.

Everyone's eyes widen.

"No... no... TSUKI!"