Chapter 9

"We've got the boy and the girl. What should we do now?"

"Deal with the boy before he gets more aggressive."

"Okay."  

I heard two men conversing and discussing as I woke. They sounded so familiar but I couldn't make it out who they were.

"Hey Oga, the girl's up." one of them spoke.

"I can see that." the other, so-called, Oga shrugged.

'Oga?' I came to my senses and I was in a small room. The first thing I saw was two men standing before me and I couldn't believe my eyes; they're my teachers, Mr. Oga and Mr. Kaze. The boy they mentioned just now was also tied up to a chair like me and we were both handcuffed. 'Wait, don't tell me he's...'

"SEI?"

"Oh is that you, Rinn?" he was blindfolded but I wasn't. He was collectively calm unlike me. Somehow he recognized my voice. "Why the hell are you here?"

"I should be the one asking you that."

"Enough, both of you..." Mr. Oga chimed in and made a gesture to Mr. Kaze, signaling him for something. Mr. Kaze then walked off and took a hammer out of a box.

"Stop! What are you going to do with that?" I asked, really wanted to be freed from being handcuffed. I looked briefly over at Sei and he was grinning. 'How can he grin like that in this kind of situation? I thought maybe, at least he'll panic.'

"Oh you'll know." Mr. Oga smiled and received the hammer. Sei was still grinning like he had a plan and here I'm helpless and had no clue of what to do.

"Hey, boy. What are you grinning at?" Mr. Kaze waved his hand over Sei's face. He must be thinking that he's nuts.

"Mr. Kaze, I just think you should check your pockets to see if the keys to the handcuffs are in there."

Mr. Kaze shoved his hands into his pockets and ran them all over his body but there were no sign of the keys. He menacingly shot a glare at Sei and interrogated him. "Where are the keys? I know you took them."

"Obviously it's me. If not, why did I inform you to check your pockets, stupid." Sei stated as he removed the blindfold with his freed hands. There, he was holding onto the keys in his right hand; swaying them. "It's right here. You were too dense to even notice, Mr. Kaze."

"You! Give them back!"

"Not gonna happen."

Mr. Oga snapped and punched the hell out of Mr. Kaze. 'He should've punched Sei but why Mr. Kaze? Aren't they comrades?'

"Why did you punch me, Oga?" Mr. Kaze's face immediately went bruised and swollen. "Ouch..." he rubbed his face.

Mr. Oga ignored him and turned to Sei, "So... are you going to leave this girl behind and flee or save her?"

"Neither. I want to learn about the people in mask and who exactly you and Mr. Kaze are. Including The Unknown." Sei spewed.

'He knows about The Unknown too?' and here I realized that I was still handcuffed. 'Damn it...'

"Hey Sei, please unlock the handcuff and release me now." I pleaded, hoping that he would help me.

"Huh? Why should I? You should be able to handle yourself."

"But the keys are with you."

"Oh, right." he flung the keys and they landed a few feet away from me.

"YOU ASS! HOW AM I GONNA GET THEM WHEN I'M CUFFED?!"