Chapter 5: Via Text?

It was now nearing the end of the year. December flew by fairly quickly for the girls. All their school days consisted of banters, fun and interesting conversations, reviewing for exams (if there are any), and the usual hangout every first Saturday of the month (if there aren't any school activities planned). The interaction between Lauren and Camila grew increasingly more affectionate every month, from holding hands to side hugs to public cuddling. They were basically a couple. They did everything a couple would do with the exception of kissing.

Camila was and is still raised in a very controlled and religious family. Her parents want her to be in her best behavior, to be the perfect good girl they want their eldest to be. As her family being so religious, it has been talked in the family about homosexuality. Her parents would almost bring the topic up every week when they are having family bonding or eating a simple dinner. So as homosexuality is said to be a sin in the bible, then it is taught to them as a sin. Basically, growing up she was taught that homosexuality was a sin. This, alone, makes her fear her future when her small crush on Lauren started to grow  at a freakishly fast pace.

Lauren on the other hand, has a very accepting and open-minded family. She came out to her family at her graduation day and they fully respect their daughter with her decisions, her identity, and her happiness. If being with girls makes her happy, then they're happy too. So Lauren doesn't have anything to fear, family wise. Her squad already knows that she doesn't mind being with a boy or girl. No matter who her loved on might be, she'll accept and love them for who they are. Everything looks might dandy on her side, right? But what's stopping her?

It was a week before their exams. Lauren couldn't take bottling up her feelings anymore. She was the type of girl who couldn't deal with her problems on her own, she needs someone to confide to and ask advice from. She didn't wanna ask her mom or dad because that would be weird. She has literally been staring at the ceiling for almost two hours, going over the reasons why she has fallen for Camila and cursing herself for falling for her best friend. Her brain was racking up some weird and typical answers. She was going crazy. She's never been this whipped by someone, so it was foreign to her. She pulls out her phone and texts the first contact she saw upon randomly scrolling through her contacts, Dinah.

(D-Dinah, L-Lauren)

L: Dinah, help
D: why what's wrong,laur?
L: it's just.. Im going crazy, im confused.
D: spill it out Laur.
L: i think im in love.
D: who's the lucky girl?
L: how'd u know its a girl?
D: 😏 i have my ways
L: i dont wanna risk our friendship, Dmac. Im afraid if I'll confess to her, she'll be disgusted of me and'll give me a cold shoulder.
D: can u tell me who she is?
L: i dont know if i can
L: u can guess

A minute later, Dinah finally replies. Lauren probably reviewed it for the millionth time.

D: Camila

Lauren's breath hitched on her throat when she saw Dinah's reply. How the fuck does she know? Was she really that obvious?

L: call. Now.

Lauren waited for Dinah to call her. A few seconds later, she hears her phone ring and quickly accepts the call.

L: "h-how'd you kno—"

She couldn't even finish her sentence when Dinah answered confidently.

D: "You're soooo obvious Laur! Heck, even the other girls know!"

L: "I just really need to get this out Dmac. She's been stuck in my head for two hours now. Two hours!" Lauren emphasized by bringing her index and middle finger up, not even realizing that she's on the phone with Dinah so it doesn't really make much sense.

D: you can tell me anything, you know that right?"

Lauren nods her head L: "Yeah.."

D: "Okay, start from the beginning."

~~~~~~~~~~~

D: "Tell her face to face."

L: "But Im probably gonna chicken out.."

It's been an hour and thirty minutes or so since the two started talking on the phone. Lauren wanted to tell Camila how she feels but she wants to do it via text because she's too scared to confront the girl. Dinah doesn't approve of this. She says confessions through text will just go through the person's eyes. It will just appear to be a joke to them. They will not take anything seriously if it's through text. So text confessions are useless, according to Dinah.

"But, but—"

"Nuh-uh! No buts Lauser!" Dinah said with a firm tone.

"Lauser?" Lauren raised an eyebrow as she heard the new nickname.

"Yeah. It's the combination of Lauren and loser. Lauser." She elaborated.

"Im not a loser Dinah!"

"You're being a loser because you wanna confess to her through text. Like really?!"

"Okay fine," Lauren surrendered. She knew that arguing with the Dinah would never, Nd I mean never end! "But I won't tell her until Christmas party."

Dinah smiled happily for her friend. "Deal."

"Don't worry Laur. She'll be on the same page as you," Dinah reassured through the phone "I'm sure she will," she mumbled her words, not wanting Lauren to know.

"Alright thanks for the advice, D. Love you!" Lauren makes a smooch sound near the mic of the phone, making Dinah gag playfully.

"Eww! Save that for Mila."

Lauren instantly blushes with the thought of kissing Camila. Well, smooching but they're kinda the same, so meh. Both said their goodnights and goodbyes. Lauren lay on her bed instantly drifting to sleep knowing that she'll need all the rest she could get before she starts reviewing for the exams next week.

"Love aside, studies first!" She told herself, right before drifting to sleep.