Chapter 15: Everything Happens For A Reason

"Babe, can you help me with my History project? I'm really having trouble with it. Please??"

Lauren was on Zhaina's laptop, looking up some stuff for her History project. Zhaina was currently downstairs fetching some snacks for them to munch on. They've just worked on her project for only twenty minutes and Zhaina is already distracted. 

Lauren pushed the laptop off her lap and took out her phone. She rang up Lucy, one of her childhood friends who moved to the other side of the country. They still kept in touch even though they're thousands of miles apart. They were as close as sisters.

Lauren: hey boo!

Lucy: Finally you called me!

Laur: Sorry boo, just been busy with school.

Lucy: Spit it out Laur. What's the problem?

Lauren let's out a loud sigh that Lucy heard perfectly clear through the phone. Lauren was probably an open book to her. Lucy constantly called Lauren, especially when she found out from Lauren herself that she's experiencing a heartbreak. Lauren has been this fragile little girl that she has known since birth. After helping Lauren cope up with her heartbreak, the girl has been pretty cold and hard. She even got the title of 'Lauren the Heartbreaker'. It's like her coping mechanism. Now that Lucy knows Lauren has a girlfriend, it makes her happy that she's not being the little heartbreaker she was last year. But Lucy always had this voice inside her that tells her Zhaina isn't the one for Lauren, but she didn't control the girl's feelings so its fully up to Lauren. She's just there to help her, guide her, and support her.

Laur: I've been having this problem.

Lucy: I'm here for you, just tell me. You can tell me anything.

Laur: I-I think I still love her..

Lucy: Love who?

Silence was hanging in the air. Lauren contemplated on whether to let it out. Because once she admits it, it'll just grow stronger. 

Laur: Camila..

Now Lucy was the one who was silent. She eventually lets out a long sigh.

Lucy: Fucking finally Laur!!

Laur: What?

Lauren was now confused as fuck.

Lucy: You've finally come to your senses. Now if you really love her, which I know you do, leave that 'girlfriend' of your's.

Laur: I think your right, yeah. I don't even love Zhaina.

"Who are you talking to?" Lauren lifted her head to the door to see Zhaina's figure leaning on the door frame. Venom was clearly evident in her tone. And if looks could kill, Lauren would've been dead on the floor seconds ago.

"It's just Lucy," Lauren shrugged it off. Zhaina, however, was growing mad every second that passes. A few moments later, Lauren could see a tear roll down the standing girl's cheek. 

"And what do you mean 'I don't even love Zhaina'?!" she said with sarcasm but you can clearly hear the hurt in her voice. Lauren was about to defend herself but she beat her to it. "Are you dating me just to get money, huh?! Am i just a toy to you?! I fucking knew it. You're just living up to your reputation!"

Lauren was now fuming mad. How fucking dare she make accusations? Yes, she did love the girl but now its gone. She doesn't even think it was love, it was as close to infatuation. 

"How fucking dare you make accusations?!" Lauren dropped her phone on the bed and stood up walking towards Zhaina. She puts a solid finger on her chest. "Do you think you know me 'cause you don't even fucking know a thing about me." Lauren takes a step back and raised her hands up in defeat.

"You know what? I'm done dealing with your bullshit! I'm getting out of her and don't you ever talk to me again." Lauren headed towards the bed to get her phone. She began to trudge her way towards the door, but not before glaring at her girlfriend. Or should I say: Ex-girlfriend.

"We. Are. over." Lauren spoke each word one by one, hoping she won't recap it for her ex-girlfriend. Lauren trudged her way out of the house. She needed a breather. And she knows just the place to go: school. Zhaina's house wasn't that far so she decided to walk, also needing some time to reflect on the event that unfolded themselves a few seconds ago.

On her way to school, she looks at her phone's clock. 4:30. She guessed she'll make it to school in about 4:40. On the way there, she was trying to get her mind distracted from what happened earlier. School work would be a good distraction. Yep she's one of those people.

She made her way to the lab to maybe get some work done on her Chemistry project. But as soon as she stepped into the room, she froze for a second. But then her instincts kicked in.

"Get the fuck off her.."