Chapter 7: It Isn't That Easy

Lauren ran through the empty halls of the school, tugging the love of her life closely behind her. She looks over her shoulder to see a very disheveled Camila who had tears pouring out of her eyes. She spots an open door and lead both of them inside, locking the door securely behind them. She sat Camila down and she sat directly in front of her. Camila hung her head down, tears streaming down her face and her hair covering it. Lauren's heart ached at the sight. She did what she wanted to do for such a long time.

She tilted Camila's chin to face her with her right hand while her left hand cupped her cheek and caressed it. She then leans in to kiss Camila on the forehead, then to her cheeks. She pulls away from Camila, just a few inches apart, to look her in the eyes as if asking her for permission. What caught her off guard was.. Camila closed her eyes slowly and started to lean in.

Lauren was in shock but she has wanted to do this for a long time now. She closes her eyes and meets the leaning girl halfway in. And their lips met each other. Fireworks were exploding violently in her stomach, she was getting dizzy by the minute, but what helped her push through was the fact that she's kissing Camila.

She's kissing Camila.

Her lips were soft, luscious. Lauren let out a small moan when she felt Camila suck on her lower lip, then tugging on it and making a popping sound. They made eye contact. Both of their eyes clearly wrote passion, love, and a hint of lust. They were just sitting there in silence, looking at each other's eyes.

Lauren has pretty eyes.

The silence was eventually broken when Camila heard Lauren clear her throat.

"Camz, I need to tell you something," she said with a serious tone. This was it. It could go in two ways: Camila would love her back or reject her. The thought of rejection haunted her at that moment, which made her pause to think of her actions. She takes a deep breath in and opens her mouth to speak. Might as well get it over with.

"I think I'm falling for you," she stops for a moment to look at Camila who had wide eyes. "It's not like the whole 'love at first sight' cliché thing because my feelings for you developed the more we grew closer. I got to see the different sides of you. And I love all of you. Your smile, the way you cutely scrunch your nose, the way you pout, the way you get angry, the way you talk so deeply and passionately about books. I love all of you. I love you."

Camila felt a tear slide down her cheeks. Lauren then wipes it off gently with her thumb. The gesture made Camila's heart flutter, making more tears stream down her face. Camila shakes her head and mutters a sorry.

"I'm so sorry," more tears were pouring out by the second. Lauren hushes her and tilts her head up to face her. She caresses her cheeks.

"No don't be. You don't have a reason to."

"I-I can't do this Lauren. I can't return your love," Camila was growing guilty by the minute.

"W-Why?" Lauren felt her own tears starting to fall. So this was how rejection felt. It was as if a hundred knives were stabbed repeatedly on her chest and each of them being twisted over and over again. It hurts like a bitch.

"I-It's a lot more complicated than you think. I do love you Laur believe me. And it' snot just the friendly type of love. I really do love you, romantically," Camila reassures Lauren as she sees the girl wiping furiously at her tears. "But I don't want to hurt you Lauren."

"Just tell me what it is Camila and we can work it out. Together."

Camila simply shakes her head and cries even more. Lauren doesn't know anything. She doesn't want to hurt Lauren with her past, her experiences. It's better to just be friends for now, and see where it takes them. If they're destined for one another, it will eventually fall in place.

"You can't understand. We need time to figure things out and—"

"We can work it out! Just trust me on this, please." Lauren was practically begging.

Camila did what she could only do at the moment. She kissed Lauren once more, now with more care and passion. If this is the only way she could compensate for Lauren's feelings, then she'll give it to her behind closed doors. She wants to show Lauren she really loves her. Camila was the one who broke the kiss. She stood up and started to walk to was the door. She stopped when she heard Lauren's raspy voice call out for her.

"Camz," Lauren sounded really broken. Camila looks over her shoulder, her heart aching at the sight of a crying Lauren, she then sends a smile to her.

"I would love to kiss you in public, tell you how much I love you in front of everyone in the campus. But not all things can go our way. Not now at least," she mumbles the last part intentionally.

"But Camz,"

"No, trust me Lauren,"

"It isn't that easy,"

And with that, she walks out of the room. Lauren fell to her knees and cried her eyes out, while Camila walks away with an aching heart.

I'll come back for you Lauren. And when I do, I'll never spend a day without you.