Chapter 18: The Plan

"How come you two share a room?" Dinah complained as they walked over to the elevator. They just got their keys to their rooms, which were already reserved by Alejandro and Sinu. "My parents made the booking, not me." Camila said as she pressed a button on the elevator panel. The elevator slowly made its way up, one floor at a time, until they reached the fifth floor. Camila and Lauren's room was just two doors away from Dinah, Ally, and Normani's room. They stepped out of the elevator as soon as they saw the door open and a ding rang on their ears. "Let's lounge at the pool! We'll be waiting in the lobby." Normani said in excitement. The girls went on their separate ways. Lauren fumbled with her key, slid it through some sort of keycard detector, and the red light illuminating inside the device turned green and they heard a click. Lauren pushed the door open and both their mouths hang at the view.

Immediately greeting them was a wall-to-ceiling window which lead to a small balcony, giving them a great view of the beach to the right and the tall buildings and large pool to their left. Palm trees and many natural elements alike enriched the whole place. Two king-sized beds were in the center of the room, touching the beautiful cream colored wall.  The sheets were a beautiful shade of red, almost maroon. The carpet was furry brown. To the right of the room where the wall wasn't all glass, was a big walk-in closet. The bathroom was beside the big closet, garnering a mahogany brown color of wood. The girls cautiously made their way inside the room, indulging its beautiful view and scheme. They put their bags on the corner of the room by the walk-in closet. Camila made a dash for the bed closest to the glass wall, diving into the soft bed that almost seemed to swallow her whole. "Not fair," Lauren mumbles as she made her way to her bed and collapsed on it.

"This is the life," Camila commented while she stared at the lovely view outside. Lauren laughed and stood up to walk to her bag. She opened it and retrieved her sunscreen, "We gotta change, Camz. You can't just stay here and stare outside the window." Lauren places her bottle of sunscreen on her bed, then she opens Camila's bag, rummaging through its messy contents to find Camila's bathing suit. She tosses it over to the small girl, still staring out the window. It lands on her face and it took Camila a second to realize it was her bathing suit. A warm feeling flushes to her cheeks. "Hey!"

As she turns around in embarrassment, she sees Lauren already stripping down her shorts. The pale girl didn't realize Camila was staring at her and continues to strip out of her clothes, now in only in her bathing suit. She flicks her head up and sees Camila eyeing her up and down. Her gaze caught Camila's and the girl instantly turns away, "I'll go change," she blurts out as she darts past Lauren to the bathroom. Lauren laughs at the smaller girl's reaction. It dawned her that Camila just checked her out. That boosted Lauren's confidence and gave her an idea.

Now that they're on somewhat of a getaway trip, she wants to make it extra special for Camila. It's kind of spontaneous but what's better than enjoying nature with your best friend, who at the same time you're helplessly falling in love with. Lauren is as devastated as Camila as to what almost happened to her. It gave her that unseen responsibility of being her protector. So to push all those thoughts away, she decides she'll bring Camila on a spontaneous date. She was brought out of her thoughts when she heard the bathroom door open, a petite figure coming out.

"Let's go?" Camila asked while wrapping her lower body with a towel. Lauren gave her a big toothy smile, and out came a giggle she couldn't hold in anymore. "You're gonna have the best 3-day vacation of your life," she said as she stood up, grabbed her sunscreen and towel and gripped Camila's wrist. She stopped for a moment to get their keycards, and after locking their door they were sprinting towards the elevator.

They stepped out of the elevator to be greeted by Dinah, Ally, and Normani conversing among themselves while sitting on one of the lobby couches. Lauren and Camila made their way over. Camila waved at them as they got closer. "Hi!" Dinah was the first to stand up and hug Camila. She looked at her up and down.