Chapter 16: Almost Losing You Is Enough

The girls bid their goodbye to the Cabellos. They hugged each other one by one. Camila saved the best for last though. She engulfed Lauren in a long hug, sending a gesture of appreciation and thank you to the girl who saved her. It was as if time stopped for the both of them, everything around them was unnoticed and both fully focused on what was happening between them. It was like they were lost in their own little world.

The other girls stood back with smiles on their faces, well except for Dinah who had that annoying smirk again. Sinu and Alejandro were behind the girls mentioned, Alejandro's hand draped on Sinu's waist. Proud and happy smiles grazed their faces as they look at their daughter feel physically safe with Lauren. Hell, they could spot it from a mile away. They also noticed at the span of their friendship, Camila was practically glued to Lauren's waist. They were literally inseparable. They've always known that something more is going on unspoken between the two.

Dinah, being Dinah, cleared her throat rather loudly. Ally elbowed her on the ribs and Dinah faked a hurt face. Ally was glaring at her for interrupting the girls' moment. Lauren and Camila both craned their necks up and faced the direction of the sound. Camila and Lauren both had deep crimson red tints on their cheeks as they hurriedly separated from the hug. They stared at each other for a moment before Lauren broke the silence.

"I uhh think we should go," it was a more of a question than a statement. Choruses of yeahs could be heard from Dinah, Ally, and Normani. Alejandro motioned for Lauren to come near. Lauren hesitantly walked towards the couple. She was soon engulfed in another hug. "Thank you so much Lauren. We honestly can't thank you enough." Lauren just nodded her head, flustered for the amount of thank you's she received throughout the night. They politely walked the girls towards the front door. Alejandro held it open for them. "Take care girls." "We will, thank you!" Ally answered cheerily.

"Bye Camz," Lauren said before she stepped out of the door. "Take care of yourself from now on, mkay?" Lauren held her at arms length, then she was tackled by a hug by the girl she had her grip on. She was stiff at first but soon allowed things to go their own way. They separated and Lauren quickly reached out for Camila's hand and squeezed it in comfort as subtle as possible, but little did she know it didn't go unnoticed by Alejandro and Sinu. Lauren stepped out of the household and took one last glance at Camila before entering Ally's car. Alejandro closed the door gently. He turned around to look at his daughter carefully, memorizing every beautiful detail of her, as if she would be taken from them any minute. Alejandro then engulfed Camila in a hug, Sinu following soon after.

"We love you princess, always remember that okay?" Alejandro mumbled as he still hugged his daughter. They pull from the hug. Sinu wiped her eye quickly. "If there's anything you want to talk about, come to us okay? We will always be her for you. What's bothering your mind, you can share with us. Don't be scared and think that we will hate you for something you did. You are our daughter, and almost losing you was enough. Enough for us to realize that we shouldn't force you to be someone you aren't. Be who you are. We will love you no matter what."

Camila felt her tears brimming up again. She couldn't love her parents more.

"I love you guys," Camila said with a crack in her voice. They were situated again in another hug. After a long hug, they composed themselves and went on their separate ways, but not before talking to their daughter one more time.

"Mila, we're not gonna be home until Sunday." Alejandro said. "You can make your friends come over and hangout, watch movies and stuff or whatever you teenagers do."

"Really?" Camila asked with wide surprised eyes. Alejandro and Sinu laughed at her reaction. Alejandro reached out and ruffled her hair. "Yes princess we are serious." Sinu then piped up. "No. Boys. Allowed" there was a certain strictness and also security on her voice but Camila understood her completely. "Yes mom. Oh my god thank you so much!" She skipped over to them and hugged them both, earning giggles from both her parents. She lets go and skips merrily to her room.

She collapsed on her bed and stared at the ceiling. What she thought to be the worst day of her life, which it is, somehow turned a bit to the bright side. She can't wait to make the girls come over.

~~~~~~~~~

"Dinah you cheater!" Lauren exhaustedly says as she slams the remote on her place on the bean bag. She throws her hands up in the air. "That's it, I fucking quit!" She made her way on the large couch and collapsed besides Camila who was busy scrolling through her tumblr, mindlessly reblogging  pictures and love quotes. Camila felt the couch dip on her right side and saw Lauren who had a grimace on her face. She laughed at how ridiculously cute Lauren looked. "What's with the face?" She locks her phone and put it on the coffee table in front of her, and facing the girl in question. Lauren lets out a long sigh. "She cheated, again! For the third time already!" Camila laughed and patted Lauren's leg. "Dinah being Dinah," Camila said as she heard the doorbell ring. Her face brightened up instantly. "Pizza's here!" She squealed and hastily made her way towards the door. Lauren, who felt like it was her responsibility to look out for the girl due to recent events, trailed behind Camila as fast as she could. She was already breathing heavily as she reaches the property gate. Why the fuck didn't they just let the pizza guy in? And speaking of the pizza guy, as she made her way towards Camila who was currently conversing with the person in question, she noticed how flustered the boy was. She was soon close enough to hear their conversation.

"I-uhh, that'd be $30." Wow how much pizza did this little girl order. "Here you go," Camila held out her hand and gave the guy her pay. He met the girl's hand halfway through, he just held the money together with Camila's hand. Their fingertips were grazing each other. The guy didn't let go until Lauren cleared her throat loudly behind Camila. She draped her right arm on Camila's shoulders, engaging her in a side hug. Little did she know the girl beside her was as red as the pepperonis on their pizza.

"Hey babe," Lauren greeted Camila as if they were a couple. The smaller girl managed to look at Lauren and raised her brows in question, confused as fuck as to what's happening. Lauren leaned in to kiss the mole on her forehead, making Camila blush in return. Lauren smirked and faced the pizza guy. "We'll take our pizza now," she said in the most polite manner she could. The guy frantically reached over to the pizzas inside the box behind his bike. Lauren found it hard to contain her laughter as she witnessed the guy almost drop all the stacked pizzas on the ground, but she somehow managed to pull through. While Lauren was distracted by the guy, Camila was looking at her intently, enjoying the moment in hand. Lauren just called her babe. She had the urge to do a victory dance but Lauren's hand found its way to her hand, intertwining them. "Thank you!" Lauren shouted to the pizza delivery guy as he fumbled with his bike and soon drove away, almost hitting a pole a few meters away. Lauren let's out her laugh she's been containing ever since she talked to the guy. "Oh my god that was hilarious!" Lauren ran her thumb on Camila's hand, mostly in habit. She soon lets go and grabbed half of the pizza box stack.

"Camz, need a little help here." She said as she gestured her head towards the remaining boxes. "Oh uh yeah sure," Camila bent down to get the rest of the pizzas. As soon as she bent up, she saw Lauren's eyes trailing down her body. She soon met her gaze and put on a smirk. She approaches Lauren and gave the girl a kiss on the cheeks.

"Let's go, babe?" Lauren stood there without moving an inch. Her cheeks grew increasingly hot so she ducked and attempted to cover her face with the stack of pizzas she was carrying. Camila giggled and walked away happily towards the house.

Lauren just stood there, looking at Camila as she made her way to the front door. A warm blush crept on her cheeks. She shook her head with a smile in an attempt to get her mind out of the gutter.

Yup, she's whipped as fuck.

A/N:

Hallo! My body aches soooo much that it hurts my arms while typing this. I think I need at least a one day break from workout. Uhhh, help me!

But anyways, guys lets stream Work From Home as much as possible! 

I'm bringing back this picture that seems to be forgotten for some odd reason. I mean come on! They're adorable as fuck here!

Love you guys and thank you for the continuous support! As always, please be good with yourselves. Peace out yo!