Chapter 14: A Certain Look That Gave Everything Away

Lauren dragged Camila through the quiet hallways and eventually they found themselves sitting on a curb outside the school parking lot. Lauren was on the phone with Dinah while Camila had her head on her palm, her mind sending her flashbacks on what just happened a few minutes ago.

If Lauren didn't find me somehow, my life would've been ruined. I could've let my family down. They would be disgusted of me. They would think I'm a slut. They wouldn't believe me even if I told them the truth. They'll be devastated, that I know for sure. But that's it. They would've and I would've. I should be grateful that Lauren found me on time.

Camila looked up momentarily at the dark clear sky. Twilight was over minutes ago.

Are you trying to tell me something, Big Guy? What are you trying to imply here? Is this some sort of sick joke to you?! Or.. Are you trying to help me. I don't know what to believe so please send me a message to clear things up.

As if on cue, a blaring ringtone rung through the quiet atmosphere. Camila and Lauren both reached in to their pockets to fish out their phones. Camila stared at hers, nothing. She looked at Lauren with a surprised and confused expression.

"You still use the ringtone?" she asked innocently. Lauren laughed at her adorableness.

"Of course I still use our ringtone," Lauren stated matter-of-factly. Ever since they've done a random cover/mashup of Sam Smith's La La La and Latch, it's been their ringtone ever since. Despite all the things they've gone through, that was the only thing that reminded them of each other everyday. It was priceless. And probably the thing they treasure the most. It's like they fit perfectly for each other in every way possible. "Why are you surprised?"

"W-Well it's just that.. you know," Camila gestured her hand back and forth between them. Lauren gave her an 'are you serious' look, but she then nodded her head in agreement. She'd think the same thing but the cover's too precious for her to waste it lying somewhere on her phone. Lauren just laughed. "Don't worry Camz."

They were silent for a few minutes, Lauren thinking of what to do next and Camila cursing herself for being so stupid. Lauren was the first one to break the silence.

"Should we tell your parents?" She asked cautiously, knowing that Camila's parents are a bit extra sometimes. Camila pondered for a moment. This isn't something that anyone should just forget about. This is serious, and if Camila wants protection from that douche she knows fully well that telling her parents everything would do so.

"I think we should. But let's do it in person. I don't want them freaking out over the phone and sending a SWAT team for me."

Lauren laughed. Yep the petite girl's parents would definitely do that.

Lauren's phone blared from her hands. There was an incoming call from Dinah. She accepts the call and puts it on speaker.

"Oh my god where's Camila?!" Ally was the first to ask. She, Normani, and Dinah were inside a car, Dinah taking control of it. Normani held the phone, trying her best to fit all of them into the frame.

Lauren scooted closer to Camila, their shoulders touching each other. Lauren held the phone up to fit Camila into the frame. "I'm here guys.." She said in a comforting tone. Ally let's out a huge sigh of relief, letting out all of her worries.

"I'm gonna beat that fuckboy's ass so hard he won't be able to sit again!" Dinah growled as her hands tightened its grip on the steering wheel making her knuckles very white.

"Dinah.. I'm so—" Camila started to apologize but was cut short by the raging girl, "What the fuck did he do to you?! Did he fucking touch you?! I swear to god if he did, I'm gonna fucking murder his ass!"