Chapter 8: So Close Yet so Far

Have you ever had that feeling when someone is physically close yet mentally far? It's like they're there but their mind is somewhere on the other side of the world. That's what Camila's been feeling with Lauren.

Whenever their close, Lauren somehow zones out or completely ignores the girl. Camila tries to grab her attention though but Lauren just answers with 'yeah' 'okay' and 'I don't know'. This got her worried. Lauren wasn't normally like this but after their little argument, she's been ignoring her and even tries to avoid her like the plague. The other girls definitely noticed the shift in their friendship.

As the lunch bell rings, Lauren immediately stood up and made a beeline for the door and makes a turn, heading towards the cafeteria. Camila saw the rather weird action. She felt tears stinging her eyes. She couldn't bear seeing Lauren avoid her. She misses her touch, the security she gives her, her lips. She misses her.

Tears were now rolling down her cheeks as she remembers how they were before. Oh god, she would kill to go back in time and fix everything. If only she wasn't scarred by her past. She would do anything for her Lauren. But now is not the time.

She almost jumped when she felt two warm bodies pressed against hers. A hand came to her cheek to wipe away the tears. She eventually looks up to see Normani and Dinah with sad smiles, not really knowing why she's crying but as great friends, they will be there for her. Until eventually she'll open up.

Everything was crazy. After the argument, or rather confession with Lauren, the girl has been cold towards her. Their situation was horrible. Add that to the fact that Austin keeps bugging her and still flirts with her even though he clearly dumped him when she and Lauren walked out. The boy has some balls.

Yes, Lauren has a reason to be mad at her. Hell, to be furious at her. She hates herself. Lauren poured all her heart out to her and she just basically slammed it in her face. She feels..broken..incomplete..lost.

Oh, if only she knew how Lauren feels.

Lauren wouldn't eat, she would lock herself in her room, and she barely speaks any words throughout a day. Her parents are even worried if she's gone mute somehow.

Lauren's grades have been dropping as well. In class whenever the teacher calls her she simply shakes her head and hangs it down low. Heck, she even got punished for not opening her mouth.

And now, Camila feels guilty. Lauren's grades are dropping because of her.

Lauren's lost because of her.

Lauren got punished because of her.

Everything bad happening to Lauren was because of her.

She cries even more at the thought. No, fact. She just dun fucked up Lauren's life. She was a disease to the girl. If Lauren was the food, she'll be the fly. She's hurting her, destroying her. The thought scared the crap out of Camila, and she came to a solution.

I'll give Lauren space

I'll stay away from her

I'll stop being her friend if it means that she'll recover when I'm away from her

It might hurt me, but Lauren is hurting more. And I can't bear knowing that I'm the reason she's hurting.

So from that day forward, Camila swore to herself that she'll stay away from Lauren until the girl will be back to normal. But that doesn't mean she won't protect her from a distance.