Chapter 22: Our Story Never Ends

"I can't believe we just graduated..."

Camila and the girls were huddled around a circle. Their school graduation program has just ended and students were saying their goodbyes to everyone. The girls' parents were around here somewhere, chatting among themselves. Graduation caps were all over the floor, previously tossed at the end of the program.

"Ally!" Dinah shouted as soon as she saw the short girl emerge from a crowd of students. She stopped in front of them huffing, "I'm sorry I couldn't make it," she apologized. She really did try her best to come in time but her mentor wouldn't let her go because they were busy at the school. Normani rubbed the shorter girl's back, "Don't worry Ally. What's important is that you're here now." Lauren joined in, "It's better late than never." Camila clapped her hands like a little child, "Group hug!" Everyone laughed and crushed each other in a tight hug.

"So what are your plans for college?" Ally asked, being in the mindset of planning ahead. And college. Lauren was the first to answer. "I'm gonna take up fine arts." Her face lit up when she mentioned her course. Everyone knows Lauren's passion for art and photography. Camila piped up next, "I actually wanna take up psychology. I've always been interested on how the human brain works. I wanna know the activity on the brain when the person is happy, sad, angry, confused.." She looked over to her girlfriend, "in love." She leaned over to kiss Lauren on the cheek which elicited a dark blush on either side of her face. She pulled back and she had a wide smile on her face. "I want to finally know how Lauren still blushes like an idiot when I kiss her on the cheek even though I've done it a million times already." Camila has a smirk on her face, the other girls awwwwwed at her adorableness while Lauren had a playful glare sent to Camila. "I hate you." Lauren crossed her arms over her chest. Camila laughed and apologized. She went over to Lauren and engaged her signature koala hug. "I'm sorry, I was just kidding!" Lauren pouted, which Camila found utterly adorable. She leaned over to kiss her on the cheek but instead of her lips  meeting Lauren's cheek, it met soft warm plump lips. Lauren laughed when she saw Camila's face. Camila playfully slapped her on the arm. "Lauren!" Camila was still hanging on to Lauren. "I'm sorry babe, I can't help it." She pecked Camila on the lips, "Better?" Camila's pout was replaced by a smile. She nuzzled her face to Lauren's neck, still hanging on. Lauren was effortlessly carrying her, probably because she's been doing it for a year now. "What about you, Mani?" Lauren asked as she soothed Camila's hair.

"Actually, Dinah and I are gonna pursue performing arts together." Lauren kinked a brow. Normani blushed and quickly ducks her head down, but Lauren already saw the tint on the girl's cheek. Dinah, on the other hand, was oblivious. Lauren didn't want to push Normani at the moment because you know what? She wants this day to be serene. Lauren went on another topic, but not too far fetched.

"Camz and I are gonna be renting a flat instead of staying at the school's dorm." She started. "Her parents were actually the ones who suggested it because they want to make sure that I'm always with Camila, and they don't like the dorms. They actually picked the flat themselves." Lauren filled in some information. She ruffled Camila's hair and kissed the crown of her head. Camila giggled.

Ally's face lit up and she made the most adorable sound ever. "Awwww Laur that's so sweet!" Lauren nodded and repositioned Camila slightly, feeling the girl slip a bit from her grip. Dinah had a big smile on her face. "I think Mila's parents are hardcore Camren shippers." she thought out loud. Lauren raised a brow at Dinah, Ally did too as well. Dinah shrugged. "They're obviously trying to keep you two together. I'm gonna have to appoint them as my co-captains for the ship."

Dinah saw two guys emerge from a crowd of students. Dalton and Charles were all smiles. They dashed towards the group of girls. "Hey guys!" They greeted simultaneously. Dalton saw the situation Lauren was in. "I could take that koala back to the forest, you know?" He proposed. Lauren just laughed and kissed the crown of Camila's head. "I would love to send this koala back but she's my koala now, and nothing separates the koala from its tree." Dalton raised his hands up in defeat. "If you wanna get stuck with that baboon, that's fine with me." Camila repositioned herself in Lauren's arms so that he could see the boy. She playfully glared at him. "First I was a koala, now you call me a baboon.. You should get your eyes checked. I'm a perfectly situated koala right now, not a baboon attempting to bear hug a tree." Camila defended herself and went back to her previous position.