Chapter 2

Meanwhile, back at the barn, it was back to work on the drill for Pearl and Peridot; while Garnet supervised in case more stray cows wandered by... Or they had to put Peridot on the leash again. They were making progress again even after the little runaway drill accident, now Peridot was helping Pearl remove the rusty useless bolts from the jet engine. Unfortunately, Pearl had gotten the only wrench they had left; Peridot was forced to remove the bolts with her teeth!

"Remind me, PEARL, why I am being forced to remove these metallic-fasteners with my face-hole daggers!?" Peridots grunted in frustration.

Pearl fought the urge to chuckle at Peridot's terminology for teeth. "Sorry, Peridot, but the only other good wrench was destroyed after you and Amethyst's little drill accident."

"Well why doesn't the Perma-fusion over there have to do this?" The little green gem mumbled to herself.

Garnet adjusted her shades, "Because someone has to chase off the cows." To emphasize her point, she lowered her shades and glared down an oncoming cow. The cow was quick to back off and run away.

"GUYS!! GUYS!!"

The three gems stopped everything and looked in the distance, only to see Steven and Amethyst running towards them waving their arms in panic.

"Steven? Amethyst?" Pearl was surprised to see them panicking like this. "What's going on with you two?"

Unfortunately, the only thing that came out of the duo were gibberish ramblings. Garnet placed her fingers on their lips to shush them.

"Calm down, both of you. Now tell us what's wrong."

"EVERYONE IN BEACH CITY'S DISAPPEARED!!!" The two finally shouted together.

"Disa- wha? Are you sure?" Pearl asked.

"We checked everywhere!" Steven explained, "Funland-"

"Vidalia's house-" Amethyst added.

"The Lighthouse-"

"That one... Other guy's house-"

"My dad's van-"

"That other.... One guy's house-"

"I even texted Connie like five times... Which is probably really creepy, but still! Nothing! The whole city's just... Poof!"

"But... But that's impossible!" Pearl thought for a minute, "Then... It looks like-"

"-We're the only ones left in all of Beach City," Garnet finished.

"Whoa, creeeepy!" Amethyst commented. It seemed as if the reality of the situation had sunken in for her, "...Who wants to have a city-block fiesta?!" Sadly, it didn't sink deep enough.

"Amethyst, this is serious!" Pearl groaned, turning to a certain homeworld gem. "Peridot, could this be a sign that the Cluster is emerging?"

"Of course not," Peridot scoffed. "If the Cluster were already emerging, the Earth would already be scattered into millions and millions of fragmented pieces and all life on earth would be floating throughout the cosmos until they perish in the cold dead of space and we gems would all be shattered."

Steven was more than spooked by Peridot's explanation. "...Well, at least that means we still got time." Steven suddenly thought of something, "Garnet, can you use your future vision to see if anyone else nearby is gonna disappear... Or if WE'RE gonna disappear?"