Silence

It was a quiet day and a silent night. The most that happened that was was the loud horns of honking cars. The blond blew a puff of smoke into the air. His walk home was uneventful and quiet.... Boring. Celty drove past him then stopped backing up.

[Your out late?] She types on her phone.

"Hmmm? Yes, hey Celty how are you doing?" Shizuo responded putting out his cigerette.

[You look deep in thought. Wanna talk about it?] Celty stopped her bike as they stood on the street corner a lamp light dimly lit above them.

"I ah... Broke into the fleas house and beat him up. I thought he killed that girl that died the other dag ." Shizuo said shoving a hand in his pocket irritatedly.

[What? Shizuo! You shouldn't have done that. Police looked at all her online conversations. They were...]

"Pretty deep like a good friendship. Izaya read all of them to me to prove he didn't mess with the girl. It was weird... He...ah seemed really off.. But its not like I care. He can rot in that dark house of his." Shizuo complained interrupting Celty.

[Shizuo... We haven't herd from Izaya for two weeks. He locks himself in his house and shut the world out.] Celty typed showing Shizuo.

"What? But I thought Shinra had a spare key to his apartment." Shizuo looked at Celty confused.

[Izaya had his locks changed so no one could bother him. He is alone.] Celty typed again

".....I... I wonder if he feels alone ever?" Shizuo responded hesitating trying to find the right words.

[Well I'm not sure. I tried texting him. He won't respond. He hasn't been himself for awhile. You should visit him?] Celty typed. The last part in a form of a question hoping be would.

"Hell no I'm getting anywhere near that thing!!... Grrr he is so annoying I rather just kill him!! Stupid flea causing everyone to worry about him!!!...." Shizuo began to rant angrily

[Please...] Celty put a handoin Shizuos shoulder as he let out a sigh.

"You owe me a pack of cigarette's then..." Shizuo grinned with a little rage in his eyes.

Celty gave off the vibe of giggling then nodded clapping her hands together happily. Shizuo shook his head and got on her bike as she moved up to make room for him offering a ride. He held on tight as she made a healmet for him it had little black cat ears. Which irritated him a little. Their ride was quiet like the day and half the night. Shizuo thanked Celty and walked into the apartment complex hitting the elevated button to the top floor. He walked down to the end of the hall. The place was like a hotel. He knocked on the door loudly.

"Open up flea!! Or I'll break this damn door down!" Shizuo yelled loudly knowing Izaya was now scared.

"G...go away no one is home." Izaya called back in a quiet voice it sounded horse and tired.

"Come in Izaya just open the door. I don't wanna have to break it down.. Then fix it up later.." Shizuo stated irritatedly.

This time Izaya obeyed and forced himself up from the couch. His skin was pale and the colorful spark in his eyes gone. He shivered feeling cold as his bare feet touched the freezing floor. He opened the door slowly and looked up at Shizuo. His hair was messy and he had dark circles under his eyes.

"W..what the hell?? What happened to you?" Shizuo asked pushing his way in.

Izaya just ignored him closing the door and locking the four rather ridiculous locks on it. He then steadied himself a moment . Walking back to the couch laying down, collapsing, his back facing Shizuo. He wore a long sleeved gray shirt and black and white plat pijama pants. The shirt looked three sizes to big and sat on him like a blanket. Then pants were loose around his waist and showed his boxers a little. Shizuo sat across from him on the other couch and glared at him a moment.

"Answer me trash flea.... Izaya what's wrong with you?" Shizuo demanded sofening his voice.

"Why are you hear?...l...leave me alone. Go back where you came from Shizuo." His said horsely hugging his boney sides curling up trying to get warm.

"I'm here because for some unknown reason Celty and Shinra give a shit about you. Beside you look like crap." Shizuo growled

"Y...you try looking in a mirror lately?." Izaya mocked quietly.

"Shut up!" Shizuo yelled then let out a sigh. "Look I'm gunna call Shinra and ask him what your problem is."

"Don't call Shinra. Please go home Shizu-Chan." Izaya mumbled under his breath.

"And why not?! Your being pathetic. I'm not even sure what you are anymore!" Shizuo barked getting angry.

He stood up and walked into another room. Izaya continued to lay on the couch curled up. He closed his eyes with a scowl on his face trying to sleep. His shirt slid off his boney shoulder. He tucked his knees up to his stomach resting a arm under his head. He must have been dazed or passed out for awhile. Shizuo let Shinra inside the house. He flinched feeling a warm blanket being placed over him. Looking up he saw the doctor with glasses. Shinra had a worried look on his face.

"Izaya why haven't you called me. When was the last time you ate something?" Shinra asked calmly taking a knee beside the couch resting a warm hand on Izayas shoulder.

Izaya looked at him for a while focusing his vision trying to awake his mind to answer the question. Shizuo sat down with a heavy sigh.

"I don't remember. Shinra please. Leave alone I want to sleep." Izaya mumbled burying himself into the blanket closing his tired eyes.

Shizuo got up again angrily pushing back the blanket and grabbing Izaya's arm lifting him up roughly. He pulled back the sleeve showing some scars. Some were deep and old. Others bandaged with small blood stains on them Izaya's eyes were wide with fear as his mind went blank. He whined at the death grip of the blonds. He tried to move out of Shizuo's tight grip but whined when his thin wrist got squeezed in the blonds wrath.

"Shizuo stop!!" Shinra got up forcing Shizuo off.

" huh. Tell me you pathetic excuse for a life form!!" Shizuo yelled down at Izaya.

" I'm horrible!!! That's why! I just hurt everyone and I'm alone!!" Izaya yelled as loud as he could.

"Y..your lonely?" Shinra and Shizuo said at the same time both shocked.

Izaya covered his arm and held it close to his chest shaking. He brought his knees up to his chest wanting to hide. To run away in darkness. To flee, escape but there was no way out now. He felt trapped and his heart pounding. Shinra and Shizuo looked at eachother for a good while before Shinra left the room Shizuo following him. They spoke in quiet voices.

"I'm going to say Izaya has depression.Which is probably leading from one thing to another. He looks so thin. Like he hasn't eaten in days. He is shivering like its winter." Shinra whispered.

"So who cares. Stick him in a mental hospital. I don't care as long as I don't have to deal with him." Shizuo said harshly keeping his voice down.

"If I paid you cash at the end of the month. Would you look after him?" Shinra asked seriously shizuo just glared at him a moment.