good bye

Shinra sat at Izayas bed. Izaya lay on his back in a nice slumber. Shinra looked down at how pale he looked. He sighed listening to Izaya heart beat.

"Ah Izaya. Please wake up. Shizuo may not be here right now but he will be back soon." Shinra spoke softly.

Shizuo walked down the ile with the cart puting vegetables in it. Celty picked out a nice water melon. She gave off a sweet vibe trying to lighting the mood.

[Hey how about we get some noodles and different kinds of broth for soup. Maybe a pizza. You have been eating soup for days.] Celty typed on her phone.

"Eh its alright. There are so many kinds of soup out there.  Cant really get tired of it. He has been asleep for days. But at least he will eat when he does wake up. But only throws it up later." He paused down beside the noodles looking down at the list with a sigh.

Izayas arms lay dead at his sides. His mouth slightly open taken in deep breaths slowly. Shinra placed a hand on Izayas pulse timing it. He sighed sitting back down. He walked out if the room coming back with Shizuos thick blanket and another pillow. He lift Izaya gently putting the pillow behind his shoulders and head. Then pulled a blanket over the small body. He looked like a corpse. Shinra sat back down in the chair.

"Hey remember when we were kids. Your favorite thing ever was ice cream. It helped your throat after yelling to much. We stayed up all night watching horror movies that our parents would never approve of. Or how we would go for long walks. Visit pet stores because you always wanted a kitty." Shinra chuckled but couldn't stop the tears from falling.

Shizuo walked through the check out stand. He put a tub of ice cream in the check out stand it was coffee flavor. Celty smiled to herself helping  with the groceries. Shizuo paid swiping his debit card. He sighed loading up the grocery bags into the cart heading to Shinras van. Shinra sat in shot gun texting on his phone. Celty began to drive back to the apartment.

"I think I got food for a month. I'm sure I won't have to go out much. We are Living on Izayas money right now. Geez he has way to much of it. Can't believe he quit his job." Shizuo said.

[Ya he was really good at his job. Still would be if he ever gets back up on his feet.] Celty said parking the car.

Izaya shifted to his side facing Shinra. He opened his tired eyes. They were dull and colorless. He drew in a deep breath trying to register he was awake. His body was slow and unable to register much. Shinra moved the hair out of Izayas face.

"Hey how are you. Finally awake huh? Been a really long time. I figured out the feeding tube thing so we don't have to take you to the hospital. You scared us for a while. You were asleep for four days Izaya." Shinra said speaking softly.

"I'm....sorry... W...where are we?" His voice was horse and it cracked when he talked.

"Were at your apartment remember. Shizuo went to go get some food. Think you can eat something?"  Shinra asked.

"Hmm... I'm not hungry....maybe later." Izaya mumbled curling up. "Shinra it hurts....." Izaya whispered hiding his face in blankets.

"Does your chest hurt again. Well lack of food is woking your heart to hard without energy you need. Your body is slowly shutting down." Shinra said putting a hand to Izayas chest to feel the soft rhythm of his heart beat.

Shizuo walked into the room. He had a smile on his face. Knowing nothing good was bound to happy. But he still had hope. He walked over to his flea looking down.

"Hey Shinra. Izaya? Your awake! This is perfect. Can I make you something." Shizuo spoke softly taking Shinras spot as the doctor smiled and left the room for a moment.