Secrets

"He met you Shizuo. A lot changed for him again. He was getting targeted more by new enemy's. He spent a lot of time at my house about two years ago. We weren't sure what to do. He wasn't always fast enough. Continuously slowing down. " Shinra said putting Izaya back into bed.

"I remember that. The past couple of years he seems to be slowly getting less and less like himself.  I didn't care to much. Still don't. " Shizuo grumbled.

"I believe you care. Somewhere in that cold heart of yours." he chuckled.

"Well a few months ago. I hit him with a vending machine. He didn't seem to get back up. Like he was dazed. " Shizuo mumbled

"Well ya can't go around hitting people with vending machines. Most people won't get back up from that.... Hmmm. Then there is you two. " Shinra said with a chuckle.

Izaya rolled to his side going into a coughing  fit. His small frame shook as the dry coughs attacked his lungs. His lips were a light shade of blue when he finally stopped. Shizuo ran a warm hand on his back again. Izaya opened his eyes to the blurry surroundings. Shizuo looked down at the incoherent expression on Izaya's face. His eyes were dull  and dead. He looked gone. Shizuo had a look of worry. The thought of Izaya dying crossed his mind.

"He lost a lot of blood Shizuo. You said you found him in the tub. How much blood was on him?" Shinra asked seriously.

"I'm not sure he seemed to be hiding it. But now that I think about his white tub had red all over. Like someone was murdered. When I picked him up his side was wet. I was so focused on getting to you that's all I thought about." Shizuo sighed. "His pocket knife was laying open in his lap and the blade stained in red."

"I see... Izaya I'm not so sure this time." Shinra put a hand on Izaya's shoulder.

Izaya felt cold. Darkness surrounded him he lay there on the soft bed. The blankets meant nothing he shivered horribly, blinking trying to wake himself up. His head ached and he was sore all over. Night time slowly approached. Celty and Shinra went out to a nice dinner leaving Shizuo and Izaya in the house alone. Shizuo was in the kitchen making some soup. Izaya pushed himself up and rolled out of the bed. He was so quiet no one could hear him. He leaned into the wall as his life line. One step at a time. He was hunched over barely standing. Making his way into the bathroom. He threw up in the toilet from the dizziness that took over. Half laying on the floor. Shizuo looked up dropping the spoon as he turned off the stove. He ran into the bathroom. His eyes went wide seeing this. He went in on his knees at Izaya's side quickly.

"Izaya stop! You need to calm down." Shizuo put a arm around Izaya steadying him.

About 30 minutes later Izaya stopped throwing up and fell limp into Shizuo's lap. The awful taste lingered in his mouth Shizuo flushed the toilet quickly. He grabbed a towel from the counter wetting it then cleaned Izaya's face off. He let the raven lay in his lap taking deep breaths. Izaya was shaking again his hands trembling horrible. 'Where am I? Who is touching me? It's warm? So warm? I want to be warm? Please....' The voice echoes in his head his eyes barely open. Shizuo looked down at him worried not sure what to do. He left his phone in the other room. He picked up Izaya. The raven was limp in his arms Shizuo's heart sank seeing the once strong Izaya fall this way. The thought of Izaya dying.... No it can't be real. Shizuo shook his head.

"Oi flea! If you can hear me make some kind of noise." Shizuo said sternly

"Mmmm...h..hear...you." Izaya mumbled in a hushed tone.

Shizuo grinned a little laying Izaya down on the couch. He called Shinra. He walked back into the room hearing a unfamiliar noise. He rushed to Izaya's side to see him crying. The boney back facing Shizuo as the raven  hid his face into his bandaged arms. His quiet sobs echoed in Shizuo's ear. Shinra's voice answered in alarm talking loudly. Shizuo couldn't respond. He was in shock of it all. He resting a large hand on Izaya's side. He felt the boney ribs through the baggy short sleeve shirt.

"S...sorry Shinra... Never mind I'll call you back. Enjoy your dinner." Shizuo said then hung up.

He scooped Izaya up sitting down. Izaya curled up in his lap like a cat. Shizuo had tired eyes and his hair was messy. Stuck in a long sleeve t shirt and some pajama pants seemed to be his attire for the past two days. He rested a hand on Izaya's head. His arm wrapped around the small frame. It was like trying to comfort a small child.

"P...please just kill me." Izaya sobbed into Shizuo's shirt.

"Shut up flea.... I'm not going to do that so quite your drama. All of this. What's really wrong with you. Why are you slipping like this?" Shizuo said his voice calm and soft ringing loudly in Izaya's ears.

"I...I don't want to fight anymore.... Y....your my favorite Shizuo...." Izaya mumbled then looked up at Shizuo.

Shizuo looked down actions speaking for him again. This usually happened when he was pissed off. What was this feeling something new. He looked down at Izaya. Izaya's eyes red from crying, he looked so tired but slept often. Shizuo sighed. He laid down Izaya on top of him as he pulled up a blanket going to sleep. Izaya's eyes were wide laying down with his beloved human. The soothing heart beat ran in his ears as everything seemed slow and calming.

"Why....not end me?..." Izaya whispered.

"Shut up and go to sleep" Shizuo growled resting a arm on Izaya's lower back.

Izaya cuddled into the warmth his cheeks red as the color slowly came back into his skin tone. His face was warm and his cheeks a pinkish color. Shinra burst through the door a few hours later worried sick then looked into the living room. The dim lights were on as well as the fire place. The room was warm and relaxing. He walked in and found Shizuo out cold. A thick blanket over top of him. But where was Izaya? Shinra walked closer pulling back the blanket a little to see black hair resting on Shizuo's chest. Shinra couldn't help but smile. Celty was giggling.

[They look so peaceful. Let's just leave them be.] Celty typed showing Shinra.

"I think that's a good idea. Off to bed with us my beloved Celty" he whispered loudly walking off to bed excited to get some sleep.