Chapter 6: Home

Jess continued walking through the forest with Leslie sleeping soundly on his back. His heart was racing, his hands were sweaty, Leslie wouldn't be able to tell that right? Maybe not since his heart was beating so freaking loudly!

Stop it heart, stop it! He shook his head vigorously, wanting to get rid of the thoughts that were appearing in his mind about Leslie. "She's your best friend Jess... Just..." He mumbled softly, disappointment in his voice. Was that really all they were? Best friends? He let out a sigh as he tried to think of what Leslie thinks of him as.

"Mmm..." He heard Leslie's voice. He peeked over his shoulders and found Leslie rubbing her eyes, still half asleep. "What's going on...?" She looked at Jess who was staring at her with a small smile.
"Finally woke up huh?" He chuckled and looked in front. Leslie raised her eye brow in question and then looked down. She was being carried?

Her eyes became big when she realized that Jess was ACTUALLY giving her a piggyback. He's never done that before! When she tried to ask him for a ride, he always acts as if he didn't hear anything and just changes the topic. She looked at his back, noticing that his shoulders became broader and, well he was quite strong, judging from how he was carrying her so easily.

"How long have you been carrying me?" She asked, leaning back on him again and hanging her arms around his neck.
"Around maybe 20 minutes." Jess responded.

Leslie rested her head to his back, closing her eyes. His back felt so soft and comfortable. It was as if it was a pillow that she could hug while in bed, not to mention that it was warm. Since she leaned on him, Jess felt her breath touch his nape. It sent him shivers down his spine to be honest, in a good way.

"You feeling tired?" She asked, her eyes still closed.
She heard a light chuckle from him.
"No way."

"I can walk on my own ya know?"

He looked over his shoulder and grinned.

"I'll manage."

**

They soon reached the bridge, making Jess come to a halt.
"Can't believe it's this late now," Leslie sighed, gesturing Jess to let her down.
After he let her down, he noticed that she was wearing a grin on her face as she slowly walked from him and then to the bridge.
Her hands were tucked behind her, and she kept taking glances at him.

"What are you doing?" He asked, his eyebrow raised in question.
She turned around and then wore a smirk. Without warning, she suddenly took off, leaving Jess dumbfounded.

"Oh come on!"
After a few moments, he also took off to catch up with the energetic girl.

**

"Finally!"
Leslie laughed as she watched Jess running in. She had been standing at the spot for almost about 5 minutes after she got to the road that separated her house and Jess's.

"Why do you always get the head start?" Jess groaned as he headed towards the Burke's with Leslie trailing behind.
"Hey, you're a guy and you're supposed to be faster." Leslie remarked, catching up with him.

As they walked back to the Burke's property, they stumbled upon the Aarons who were going home.

"Jess!" May Belle called excitedly before turning to Leslie. "Leslieeee ~" a grin appeared on her face. Leslie, knowing what the girl was thinking about, blushed and just smiled and waved to her like an innocent girl she is.