Chapter 16: Burke Family

Mr Burke and Mrs Burke called in a week after that Christmas Eve party and informed Leslie that they'll be coming home in a week. And speaking of the Christmas Eve party, Jess's family never found out about them sneaking off or Leslie's drunken adventure which was very assuring.

     May Belle, unfortunately, liked to meddle into people's stuff. While Jess, Leslie and May Belle were in Terabithia, Jess, as King of the place, 'commanded' May Belle to get his phone from the house which he had left at. And since he was the king, she had no choice but to obey his command.

"Hm?" May Belle's head perked up at the sound of the notification in her pocket. She took out Jess's phone and looked at the message. And there, the message, from Caitlyn.

Bruhh! You should congratulate Lassie about the shots and that video of her! LMFAO that was the best party evaaahh!!

A quirky grin appeared on her face as she read the message out loud. She ran out of the house and raced down the hills and to the forest.

Jess and Leslie were having a discussion in the stronghold talking about the plans to breaking up with Sonia Tylers when May Belle suddenly barged in and screamed with excitement, "you went to a party?!"

"What are you talking about?"

She took his phone out and showed the message. "I'm so gonna tell mom!" She shouted so loud that the Terabithians outside stopped and looked at the stronghold.

Jess and Leslie flashed their eyes at one another and quickly jumped up to their feet and grabbed May Belle by the arm before she could escape. "Oh no you're not young lady," Jess told her.

"You can't tell nobody May Belle," Leslie said, bending down to see her eye to eye and holding her shoulders.

"So you did take shots!"

     He snatched his phone away from her and deleted the message from Caitlyn. "Yeah... And it wasn't pleasant either." Leslie sighed. "Ya know there's a video with you doing it." May Belle snickered.

     Leslie stiffened. That meant that the whole school had probably watched the video. She gulped in dismay and stood up, avoiding May Belle's eyes.

"Look May Belle," Jess was saying. "You can't tell Mom or Dad about it. If they find out that Leslie got wasted-"

"I did not get wasted!"

"Yeah, sure you didn't," he rolled his eyes at her and continued. "Leslie would be in big trouble with her parents. Never mind what mom and dad's gonna do to me, but her father doesn't even allow her to have a TV!"

May Belle let out a little sigh as she crossed her arms. "She's gonna be in big trouble huh?"

They nodded vigorously. Really, who knows what kind of punishment Leslie would go through if Bill found out about it.

"Okay, okay," they heaved a sigh of relief. "But mom and dad's gonna find out about that video sooner or later." Her voice was sassy.

     "No they won't," Leslie answered. "We're going to delete the video before they find out about it."

    And they did. Since the video was uploaded on the school's secret website, they could easily just remove the video by hacking the security system. With Leslie's brains, she hacked into the website and removed the video and anything related to her, Jess and the party. Jess tried figuring out how Leslie learnt how to hack into computers when she doesn't even own one but she didn't tell him in the end.