Chapter 14: Creative gift

The next morning, he woke up early. Since there were now 5 girls in the house, excluding his mom, he knew that he had to take the shower first before the girls hoards the bathroom. And by early, he woke up at 5:30 AM. Awfully early for someone his age. But since Ellie, Brenda and May Belle take about 45 minutes to an hour just to take a 'light shower', he figured that Leslie would be the same. She's still a girl.

Jess pulled on a T-shirt and some trousers and left his room. He went to the kitchen and expected his mother to be there, but she wasn't. Maybe she was still sleeping. For his own sake, he cooked his own breakfast; Bacon and egg. Yes, he knew how to cook.

It then just hit him that since Bill was in New York, no one was going to go and bring them to school for a whole week. That meant that Leslie was going to need to ride with him on his motorcycle. He quickly finished and washed the plate and went to the back of the house to get his motorcycle and started rummaging through the storage to find for the extra helmet.

     Since there was still a few more hours until they leave, he took the time to clean the motorcycle. He should at least make it look nice and all. After cleaning it, it was absolutely spotless, seeing his own reflection on the metal parts. It even literally looked brand new.

      "G'mornin!"

       He turned around and found Leslie kneeling down with a big smile. "Hey,"

       She got up and walked around the motorcycle with her hands behind her back and grinned. "Nice ride, looks cool."

        "Thanks."

        "Wanna take it out for a spin?" She smirked and held the handle, as if daring him.

        "Okay first of all, I'm the one who's gonna drive it." He grinned and placed his hand on hers. "And second, I'm gonna need to take another shower."

      Leslie started to giggle and then pulled her hand away from his. She then pushed him towards the front house and then pinched her nose. "Go and take a bath!"

       Jess rushed to the bathroom, afraid that the rest of the girls would beat him to it and took a quick shower before getting another set of clothes and heading down with his bag to the back of the house. Leslie quietly stood there, leaning on the wall as she waited for him. When he arrived, they got on the motorcycle with Leslie at the back and started to drive off to the main road, and head to Lark Creek High.

Rumors started spreading by the 3rd week that Leslie had lived in the Aaron's house. Rumors that said that Leslie, was Jess's new girlfriend, new 'girl toy' like the rest of his girls were. Due to those rumors spreading like wild fire, she received a lot of hate from the girls that were insanely adored with Jess, Sonia Tylers included.

     By the time they came back, May Belle was already home, watching TV with Joyce Ann. She jumped up to her feet and ran to them. "Are we going?"

      Leslie looked at Jess and then smiled. "C'mon," she dropped her bag near the wall and raced through the door with May Belle and started running towards the old forest, leaving Jess with Joyce.

      "Oh um, mom! May Belle's coming with us! Take care of Joyce Ann." And with that, he went to Joyce Ann and have her a peck on the forehead and threw his bag over to the couch before running off.

     Huddled outside the stronghold with a bonfire built to keep them warm against the cold winds of the coming December, Leslie and May Belle started sword fighting each other with the sticks that transformed into long wooden swords while Jess fed the little Terabithian creatures in the woods.