Chapter 8: New Girl

Honk-honk, brshhh, brshhh, brshhh. Jess slowly opened his eyes and raised his head to the sound of a car driving to the house. He ruffled his messy brown hair and sat up, squinting to the window.

     "Jess, Jess!" May Belle suddenly barged in his room with a big smile, making him turn to her. "Leslie's waiting downstairs for you, hurry up!"

    His eyes widened in surprise at his sister's words. Before he could say anything, she rushed out of his room and ran downstairs. He had completely forgot that it was Monday and he was supposed to ride with Leslie to school! He glanced over to the clock to check the time and saw that it was 7 AM. The classes starts at 8:30 AM so he pretty much still had time. 1 hour and 30 minutes to be exact.

     He jumped out of bed and walked over to his closet, finding for appropriate clothes to wear for today. In the end, he grabbed a navy blue and white stripes long sleeve and black pants. After grabbing his towel, he went out of his room and walked to the bathroom.

_____

     While Leslie's parents was with Mr and Mrs Aarons, she was hanging around with the girls in the house, waiting for Jess to go down.

     "By the way, thanks for letting me borrow your clothes." Leslie grabbed the folded clothes and handed it over to Ellie.
"Oh shucks, you didn't have to," Ellie took back the clothes, noticing that it was washed and everything. "You're welcome."

As the time passed by, Leslie realized something between the 2 older sisters. They were pretty much constantly bickering all the time even in front of her.
"Nick? Oh please, my boy friend is so much more handsome!" Ellie reckoned. "You mean Justin? Oh please, he's a dumb..."

     Somehow in between, the topic started to turn to their boyfriends and such that even Leslie and May Belle had to leave them alone to sort the argument out themselves.

     "Are they always like that?" Leslie whispered. She peered over her shoulders and glanced at the 2 sisters arguing. "Pretty much." May Belle shrugged her shoulders and skipped up to the stairs. Now she understood about what Jess meant back then about his sisters. She alway thought that he was exaggerating but looks like what he said was all true. She then followed May Belle up to the stairs and trailed behind.

     Jess retreated back to his room, drying up his wet hair after wearing his shirt and pants. He looked at himself to the mirror and ruffled his laid back hair, making it just a bit more messy again.
"There we go..." He said quietly and smirked.

     "Come on Jess!" He heard Leslie's chirpy voice coming from outside.
The walls were thin. So he could pretty much hear her just walking down the stairs. He chuckled at her voice and grabbed his bag before opening the door and going out. "Coming!"

_____

     Jess had never been in a car before. Well, at least not in a luxurious one. The Burke's owned an old vintage Italian sports car, which Jess would guess would cost more 5 million. The last time he saw it, was when Bill and Judy were leaving Lark Creek and it pretty much looked like in good condition.

     He stared out at the window as the car sped away, making those vroom vroom sounds. The seat was warm and comfortable, he could smell the leather seats as he breathed in the aroma.

     "So what'd you think of the car?" Bill asked.
     Jess turned to him and grinned. "It's cool, really cool."