Chapter 6

Percy POV
I walked into Potions with Harry, Ron and Hermione.

There was a middle-aged man with black greasy hair that went past his ears. He immediately wore a scowl as soon as he saw Harry.

I was excited for the lesson to start.

I know what you're thinking: Percy Jackson? Excited to learn? What is this Sorcery?

Hah! Get it? Sorcery? Wizard?

FOCUS PERCY!

But when I got back to camp after the war, I practised trying to control all kinds of different liquids, not just water, and I got pretty good at it.

'Okay class. Just because you have recently returned from your holiday does not mean that you can fool around in my class. Is that clear?' Professor Snape said glaring at Harry. 'Good, now today, we will be making the Babbling Beverage. Drinking this potion makes the consumer utter absolute nonsense. So I expect your potion should be exemplary, Mr Potter, considering that you babble nonsense all the time.'

Hmm. I wonder why he has it out for Harry.

'And I see that we have a guest among us today. Be well assured that I will not be giving you any special treatment Mr Jackson. I will have you make the Aggrotentia potion today. I trust you already know what it is?' Professor Snape asked me.

'Yes sir, it has the opposite effect of Amortentia. It makes people develop an unnatural hate for the person who makes the potion,' I answered.

'Yes,' Snape hissed. 'But do not be overconfident. I have never seen a student successfully create an acceptable Aggrotentia potion on their first try in my entire life. Tell me, have you ever attempted to make one before?'

'No sir,' I answered truthfully.

'Then this should be very interesting. Off you go,' Snape commanded and went back to teaching the rest of the class.

I pulled up my potions book, which was written in Greek like all my other books, on the page that taught the Aggromentia potion. It said:

• Chill pewter cauldron to 3 degrees above freezing
• Pour Fluxweed Sap into cauldron

I did as the book instructed.

• Whisk twelve times clockwise

Something in the back of my mind was telling me to whisk it 2 more times than instructed. I decided to go with my gut, as my gut was really Hecate's blessing, and whisk 14 times.

• Add minced Knotgrass to Sap
• Whisk twelve times anti-clockwise
• Add ground Komodo Dragon Scales
• Whisk twelve times clockwise

Again, my mind told me to whisk 14 times instead of 12.

• Add Devil's Snare Essence
• Whisk twelve times anti-clockwise
• Keep potion moving constantly to prevent freezing and immediately pour into bottle

I finished the potion off but instead of pouring it into my bottle, I kept stirring so that Professor Snape could assess it and raised my hand.

'Finished already Perseus Jackson? Well let's see how you've done. You've managed to not blow up this entire classroom and that in itself is a stellar accomplishment,' Professor Snape sneered. I could tell that he was just making fun of me to try and get under my skin.

Not going to work. I've faced beings far more terrifying than you. Give it your best shot. I thought.

I could feel the entire class stop to look at me as the Snake, I mean Snape, judged my potion.

'Hmm. I don't appreciate people lying to me, Mr Jackson,' Snake hissed.

'Sir?' I asked confused. When did I lie? Did he figure out that I'm a demigod? No. He couldn't have. So what was he talking about?

'Why did you claim to have never attempted this potion before when you clearly have?' Snape asked glaring at me.

I let out a deep breath.

'I wasn't lying. I really have never attempted to make this potion before or even seen anyone make this potion before,' I said calmly.

The Snake glared at me for a few seconds before saying, 'Very well. Class dismissed.'

After we had all left the classroom, I made my way over to my next lesson which happened to be History of Magic with the 7th years. Talk about boring. I already knew all about wizarding History due to my blessing.

As an ADHD demigod, the worst possible thing for me, is being bored, so this was going to be a loooooong lesson.

After History, which I mostly slept through, I had Care of Magical Creatures. This lesson I had with Harry.

Finally. Something where I get to do some practical work. I thought. This is going to be interesting.

~
This part has 873 words.

So how was it? I know this was a pretty short chapter and the ending was terrible but I wanted to leave Care of Magical Creatures for the next chapter.

Do you guys think that I'm moving too slowly? Should I move on with the story.

As always, comment on what I could improve.

I'm sorry if the potions were incorrect. I don't know how difficult those potions actually are, I just found it on a website and decided to include it in my book.

Sorry if any facts are wrong.

I'll try to update as soon as possible.

Thanks for reading and voting!