Chapter 12

Agh! I'm sorry! It's been forever since I've updated.

I know, I know, I said I'd try to be better and I let you guys down. I'm so sorry.

But here it is, chapter 12:
~

Percy POV
I stepped out of the tent to find a giant version of the mini Drakon I held earlier.

I caught myself glancing at the beast's eyes almost paralysed by its beauty but then snapped myself out of it.

Get your head straight Percy! What're you doing? You KNOW that you should never look into the eyes of a Drakon!

I quickly recovered and carefully approached the Drakon.

It hissed at me.

'Accio Anaklusmos!' I said just for the sake of the audience.

I had worn clothes with no pockets on them specifically so I could summon my sword in order to keep the audience out of suspicion.

Smart. Right?

I wasn't allowed anything that could help me except for my wand.

Suddenly, Riptide started hurtling towards me in sword form at a speed that was almost too hard to see by the naked eye.

Launching myself into the air, I grabbed the hilt of the sword and came down in a crouch position.

I was armed now. The fight was on.

Waiting for the perfect moment to make my move, I froze.

Without warning, I jumped up and ran through the narrow bridge-like structure of the rock.

Unfortunately, I wasn't fast enough for the Maeonian Drakon.

The Drakon reach its head towards me and vomitted up a cough of acid, barely missing me.

I did the only the I could think of, I launched myself into the air, hoping to land on the Drakon.

Ignoring the gasps and cheers from the audience, I leaned on my side and somersaulted in the air, swiftly landing on the back of the beast.

'Wooooh! Percy!'

'Go Percy!'

'You can do it!' could be heard from the audience.

I hardly acknowledged them.

Trying my best not to fall of the thrashing and squirming beast, I tentatively scaled the Drakon, just reaching his head.

At that moment, the Drakon thought it would be a great time to snap of the chains that held it down and soar into the air.

I grabbed hold of the Drakon's head tightly with one hand whilst the other reached for my sword and stabbed his eye.

The creature roared, howling with pain and almost knocking me off in the process.

I repeated the action to his other eye. At this point, the Drakon was flailing around hopelessly blind.

Getting a firm grip on Riptide, I drove the sword in the Drakon's neck.

'Grraaaaaeeeeeyghhh!' The Maeonian Drakon screeched, helplessly crumbling into gold dust.

Suddenly, I could feel nothing.

I was falling.

There was nothing that could save me, the drop was too low.

The only way I could have survived a fall that deep was if there was water at the bottom.

Water! That's it! I thought.

I quickly focuses on the water in my surroundings and pulled it towards me. There must have been a large area of water near by, perhaps a pond of some kind, because a giant mass of water came flying towards me.

It formed a bed-like structure for me where I safely landed.

I was surprised at myself that I could summon the water that quickly, pat on the back for me.

The water pushed me into the rocky surface where I raced for the golden egg.

The crowd burst into applause. I had the egg.

It was surprising that they were cheering for me considering that I wasn't from their school.

Come to think of it, a lot of the 'Go Percy!' and the 'Come on, you can do it!' and most of the other cheers, which I had failed to specifically catch, were from high pitched female voices.

Huh, maybe the boys didn't care that much about the tournament... but they've been just as hyped up as the girls.

Maybe the guys aren't cheering for me cause I'm the competition.

Yeah, that's got to be it. The girls have been quite nice to me actually. A little suffocating but they all seem friendly enough. I thought.

When I reached the medical tent thing, I was called in for a quick scan and first aid.

I didn't have any major injuries, just a little wound or two and a handful of scratches here and there.

The judges called me on to get my score.

Madame Maxine, Mr Crouch and Professor Dumbledore all gave me 10s!  Ludo Bagman gave me an 8 and Karkaroff stuck me with a 6.

That made a total of 44.

I was in the lead!

Harry was in second place with 40.

Thank Gods that nothing happened to Harry. I can't believe that he actually came 2nd! Well done Harry.

~
This part has 943 words.

I know, I know, it's been 2 and a half weeks since I last updated and I said I'd update in a week.

The thing is, I'm getting more and more busy and it's not easy for me to find time to update.

I can't say when I'll next update but I'll try to soon. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

I hope you guys liked this chapter.

What'd you know, Percy's in the lead. SHOCKER!

I know that this chapter doesn't follow Goblet of Fire exactly but I never said it would.

I'll try to update soon, keep voting and commenting on my chapters.

I love the 'This is terrible' comments almost as much as I love the 'This is awesome' comments.

I know, how strange.