Chapter One

Ann Marie P.O.V.

Work by Rihanna was playing through the speakers on my phone while I got ready to go to work. I wasn't that tired today as I thought I would be. "Girl you going to work not a fashion show." My mother complained while passing me some breakfast. "Thank you ma but you know I have to look good." I smiled lacing my shoe strings. "Well you do assist people so you have to look presentable." She smiled. "Exactly." I start eating my breakfast. "What time did you get in last night?" She asked. "I don't know, I think around one thirty." I shrugged. "You was with Durk?" She asked. "Yes. And we was having so much fun yesterday." I smiled. "You have a crush on him?" She asked. "What? No! That's my best friend." I said. Durk not ugly but we would not go that route. Never even spoke on it. And plus he has girlfriend. "Yeah okay I see the way you guys look at each other." She tried to convince me that I like Durk. "Anyways see you later ma I have to go." I grabbed a water and left the house. She so annoying at times. "Marieeee." Durk older brother Dthang called out to me. "Yo?" I said turning around. "You about to go to work?" He asked. "You know that." I said being a bird. "What's dropping today?" He asked. "Shit. I'm waiting for them fives to drop but they drop March 5th." I said. "Oh okay cool. Well have a good day at work Lil sis." He hugged me and then we departed ways. I got on the bus and went to Foot Locker, currently my job. "Hello everyone." I smiled. Everyone said hello back. I went to the back to get ready for work. "You must be the new girl. Hello I'm Lucas." Some tall light skin handsome goddess introduced himself. "Yes I'm the new girl. My name is Ann Marie but I'll rather be called Marie." I smiled. "Okay cool Marie." He shook his head and left out the storage room. Wowwww! He was gorgeous. I have to tell Talia about this one. Walking out there it was people coming in the store. I'm new but this not my first day. I've been here for two weeks. He was just out for two weeks, so I'm the new girl to him. "Ann Marie can you get that one?" Tasha asked. "Hi how can I help you? Or assist you with anything?" I smiled to the costumers. "Well yes you can. Do you have the red Air Force Ones in a sizes 12 with a order of yo number?" This boy asked. I just smiled and went and got the sneakers. He lucky because that was the last size twelve. I brought it up from downstairs. "Yo bro they got them shits, I'm on my way in a few." The boy said overly excited. He paid for the sneakers. "You forgot to give me your number." He said. "I don't have a number." I lied. He laughed and left out the store. That's the only thing that's annoying about this job. Niggas be trying to talk to me left and right. They need to relax. We kept working and Tasha kept trying to tell me what to do. I hate that I can't say nothing to her because she in a higher position than me. I have to just suck it up.

At the end of the day I was kind of annoyed because that bitch and I was ready to just smoke on some marijuana. "You did a really good job today. And I see its gonna be nice to work with you." Lucas smiled. "Same here, it was nice meeting you." I smiled and got in the car because Durk and the bros came to pick me up. "Hey y'all." I said. "Who that nigga?" Durk asked. "That's my co worker. I just met him today. He's cool or whatever." I shrugged. "That's wussup. How was work big head?" He asked. "It was alright but the girl I told you that was cool," "the Tasha girl?" He asked. "Yes she did some flip flop shit today. That shit was ode whack. She was fake bossing me around. I wanted to smack some sneakers in that bitch face." I rolled my eyes. "Damn!" Unk ampted it. "Put a hit out on that bitch." Rex said. "Ya niggas are crazy. Its not that deep." I laughed shaking my head. "You work tomorrow?" Durk asked. "Unfortunately but I got mid shift so I be there from 4-12 and thats gonna blow mines because I have to be there at 8 in the morning the next day. Guess who making the schedule?" I rolled my eyes. "Ima try to bag her and then once I start fucking her ima be like leave my little sister alone before you be a dub bitch." Durk said and we start laughing. "She just gonna dub you." Lil Varney said. "Nah she gonna be addicted to this bomb dope dick. Ask all the bitches in the neighborhood." Durk said being conceited. "You a bird." I said and we start laughing. Then I got out the car. "Yo Marie ima call you after this mid night shift." Durk said talking about his business in the streets. "Okay love you best friend." I go in my house and my mom had family over. I don't really fuck with my family because they be using my mother. Using her weakness for kindness and I don't lone that shit. "Hey Ann Marie." Aunty Ann, the most fake one said. "Hi Aunty." I waved going to my room. My uncle hurried up out my room. That made me think like what the fuck are you looking for? I go in my room and things are put together but you can tell he was looking for something. Its whatever. I don't have no money in here yet. That's coming in Friday. Stupid.