Chapter Nine

Ann Marie P.O.V.

"Ya better turn up at this party." I said a little jelly I couldn't go. "Just come and call out of work." Renee said doing her own hair. "You gonna give me all the money I would make that day?" I asked. "Hell no." She said. "Oh okay." I smiled. "So what you going to do?" Talia asked. "Watch movies and probably invite Durk over." I lied. "Don't be trying to do my man." Renee said. "No Will is your man remember and he at the party." Monique said laughing because she like Durk too. "Since we can't convince we're leaving." Karma said. "Toodles." I said. And they all left. I blasted music and start cleaning my room, I was bored and it was kind of dirty. "Why you didn't go to the party?" Jordan asked. "Because some boy taking me on a date so we can talk." I smiled. "When's the date?" He asked. "I don't know he haven't called me back." I shrugged. I hope he won't stand me up. Then my phone start ringing. "Hello?" I answered. "Yeah you dressed?" He asked. "No not yet. I thought you weren't interested in coming no more." I said honestly. "Nah that's my my style. Start getting ready and I'll come pick you up." He said. "Okay." I smiled. We hung up and I hopped in the shower. I'm not going to rush and date Lucas. He probably don't even want me because Durk made me dub Lucas in the first place. I washed up a couple of times and then got out. I checked my phone and had two missed calls from Lucas and a text. OH BOY HE CANCELED! I figured.
Lucas: What's your address?
Lucas: matter fact call me when you get out the shower.
I called, while lotioning my body. "Hello?" He answered. "Yeah?" I asked. "Are you ready?" He asked. "I just got out the shower." I said. "You females take so long." He said. "We know." I continued getting dress. "Nah come on." He said. "Lucas what you want me to do? Come outside naked?" I asked a little annoyed. "That would be nice for me but not everyone else." He said. "Shut up I'm getting ready." I hung up. I got ready and flat ironed my hair a little. I texted him I'm ready. "Jordan!" I yelled. "Yeah?" He asked. "How I look?" I asked. "You look nice but why you showing your stomach? Want me to punch this boy in his face?" He said. "Anyways. But thank you." I smiled applying lip gloss. And Lucas texted me.

Lucas: I'm in front of your house.

I put my coat on and grabbed my money. Then I went out there and he was in some nice car. Dopeboy car. "Hey." I hugged him smiling. "Wussup Marie." He hugged me back. "Why you was talking all that smack?" I asked. "Females do take forever. I been ready." He pulled out of his park spot and drove off. "Why you set this date today? I really wanted to attend Will party." I bothered him. "I thought you wouldn't mind since that's the only time it would be just us." He said. "If that party on tilt ima be mad." I continued to bother him. "When you mad what you do?" He asked stopping at a red light. "I beat people up." I said. "Yeah okay. You're hilarious." He grabbed my thigh. I moved his hand off. We talked the whole way to Ruby Tuesday's. "Oh I been here before. The food is great." I smiled getting out the car. "Damn. I thought you didn't come here yet." He said. "But I only had a salad when I came so you still good." We walked in the restaurant. "Yeah." He shrugged it off. I was kind of excited because I always wanted to come back. The gave us a table for two. He pulled the chair out for me. "Thank you. Can I get used to that or its because you're trying to prove something?" I asked. "My mother raised a gentlemen." He smiled. "I see you still got them grills in." I smiled. "Yeah cause they look good." He pulled his bottom lip down and we start laughing. His cute ass. "If I asked can we date what would you tell me?" I asked. "Honestly no." I said honest. "Damn. Let me pick my heart pieces off the floor because you just broke it." He said pretending to pick something off the floor. "I'm sorry but my last relationship was horrible and it started out sweet just like this." I got a little sad. "I swear niggas be acting like females. Shit is so sad and I can't even say nothing really because all in your mind is "you're lying" and its not your fault. Its home boy." He said. "Yeah kind of and can we have a honest conversation anything you ask I be honest and anything you ask I be honest." I said. "Bet I can dig that." He said. "Alright go first." I said. "How many bodies you got?" He asked. "One." I said. "Oh that's not bad." He nodded his head. "Why you and Durk really beefing?" I asked. "Because this beef from a long time ago. His pops with my pops. But his pops got snapped and my father got killed." He said. "What that have to do with y'all?" I asked. "I really don't have no beef because I don't be into that shit no more. I used too." He said. "You're trying to beat around the bush be straight up with me." I said. "I'm not beating around no bush. I'm telling you straight up." He said. "Yeah okay conversation over." I said. "Why do you act like that? That shit is a ode turn off." He said. "Act like what? And you talking about a turn off, I can name a couple shit about you." I rolled my eyes. "That I'm a liar? But I'm not. I told you wussup but you think I'm trying to beat around some bush." He fixed his face up. "Alright Lucas I don't care no more." I said texting the girls asking about the party. Well, Talia since she wrote back.