Chapter Three

Ann Marie P.O.V.

"Tania what color should I get?" I asked as the Chinese lady was doing my nails. "I don't know. Maybe pink?" She suggested. "Get that pink. It matches your skin tone." Some lady said and I was kind of feeling it. "Thank you because my best friend is no help." I said in a laughing matter. "Its fine and I think I want to copy you because I have a date tonight." She smiled. "Ohhhh okay where you going?" Talia nosey ass asked. "I don't know he said its a surprise." She blushed. "I hope you have a good time." I smiled. "Yeah me too. And I kind of feel bad because if my son finds out who the man is he going to have a fit." She shook her head. "That's ya son business, you're a grown lady and nobody can't tell you who to date." Talia said like she was grown. The lady laughed. "Is it a reason your son is overprotective if you don't mind me asking." I asked. "Because his father was killed when he was ten years old so he's overprotective on everything." She nodded. "Oh okay that's reasonable." I nodded. "And its not that I'm dating, it would rather be who I'm dating that will piss him off." She said. "Don't he have any relations?" Talia asked. "Him and this girl be going back and forth for a while. She's terrible though." She looked disgusted. Talia starts laughing. "You sound like my mother with my brother girlfriend." She continued to laugh. "I don't know how these girls be so fast. Its sad." She shook her head. "It really is. That's why I'm waiting til I meet the right person." I nodded. "Exactly baby, its best that way." The last smiled. The lady finished my nails and me and Talia left. "You have to work today?" She asked. "No. I'm so glad because that shit fake be stressing me out." I rolled my eyes. "Why you never told me that cute ass nigga work at your job?" She asked. "Who Lucas?" I smiled a little. "Yes, he is fire." She said. "Yeah he cute but I'm not there for that. You got girls that be asking for him to help them at the job. Like I don't want to deal with that." I said getting in the cab with her. We was going to meet her boo. "This nigga better be handing me some money." Talia said. "What he be selling drugs?" I asked. "Duhh." She said. "Lia why?" I asked. "No nigga is faithful so I'm milking these niggas. You better learn." She said and she was dead ass serious I couldn't believe her. "You wouldn't have to milk nobody if you got your own." I said reminding her she can get her own job. "Its easier this way watch." She paid the cab and we got out. The boy was right there he was cute. "Took yo ass forever to get here." They hugged and kissed. "Shut up and this my best friend." She said. "Hi best friend since you don't have a name." He stuck his hand out. "My name is Marie." I smiled and shook his hand. "That sound so familiar, somebody just mentioned that name." He said trying to think. "Its a common name." Talia said as we went in the smoke filled house. "Damn." I waved in front of my face. "Too much smoke?" He asked. "Yeah." I nodded. We fully went in the house and it was two other boys there. I fake got scared because I don't play that shit. "Ya can sit." He offered his couch. It was nice and clean so I took a seat. "Yo I came to chill for ten minutes." Talia said getting passed the weed. "I know and shut up." Noolen said. "Who you talking to I will smack the shit out of you." She tried to pass me the blunt but I declined. "You don't smoke?" One of the boys asked. "I do but I don't feel like it right now." I said. "Oh okay, and you cute as hell to let you know." He said. "Thank you." I smiled. "Max gotta blushin" The other boy said. I texted Durk.
Me: Best friend what you doing?
Durk: Nothing, just got up. What you doing?
Me: Nothing with Talia at her nigga house.
Durk: Oh Okay be safe.

That bugged me out and made me want to leave even more. Durk don't usually put be safe and out of no where he put that? That's a sign. "Talia what time are we leaving?" I asked. "Damnnn you just got here." Max said. "And what that mean?" I asked a little annoyed. "Shawty gotta attitude." The other one spoke. "We can leave now." Talia said. "But babe. You just got here. You said you was gonna be here for a while." Noolen leaned on her and whined to her. "Nah if my best friend want to go than we out. I'll be back." Talia said. "Okay." He said. "Nahhhhh I just got high and I need some pussy." Max said. "Nigga you bugging, you better go fuck yourself." Noolen said. "My mans want some pussy he gonna get it from one of y'all." The other one paused the game and said. My heart was beating real fast. I was so scared, I should've never stepped foot in this house, I should've went to the other side to Durk house or I should've went home. "Ya niggas need to stop fucking with that shit. That shit make ya minds twisted." Noolen said standing in front of us. Max friend pulled out a gun. "Jay chill out." Noolrn put his hands up. "Nigga move." Max said to Noolen but he wouldn't. "You think I won't shoot you nigga?" Jay asked. "Not over some pussy." No open said and the Jay boy shot and No open grabbed his own arm. "Damnnn." He said moving over because he did not another one of those. "Talia I'm scared." I whispered. "Me too but when you see me react you react." She said. Jay grabbed her pointing the gun at her I didn't even want to look while Max snatched open my shirt. "Ahhhhh fuck!" Jay screamed because Talia maced him and I kicked Max right in his nuts and he dropped. I got the door opened and Jay was shooting all over because he couldn't see. Noolen and Talia came and Max tried to grab one of us but Noolen kicked his face and we ran.

LUCAS P.O.V.

"Yo plans had been canceled the connect had to reschedule." Fabe said. I was ready to go OT. I like doing that. "So what we gonna do?" Larry asked. "Go back on your strip and handle ya shit." He dismissed him. "And me?" I asked. "Playa all I need for you to do right now is go check on Noolen he got popped in his arm." Fabe said. "By who?" I asked. "I don't know. Ima need for you to find all of that out." He said. "Okay. Make sure your phone clear." I gave him a pound and left out the trap. I took a cab to the hospital. Ima be in this shit all day. I found out where he was and went to him. "You good boy?" I asked. "Yeah I'll be aight. The gun was dirty so they gave me a shot that shit hurt." He said. "Oh wussup?" I went and hugged Talia. "Heyy." She said. "Ya together?" I asked. "Yeah that's my lil baby." Noolen smiled. "Did you ever get to talk to your friend?" He asked. "Yeah she home and she said she's fine." Talia said. "Why what happened?" I asked. "Nigga Max and Jay fucking with that Dust again and trued to rape them. I'm like that's a dub." Noolen explained the story. "Say word?" I asked surprised as fuck. "Yeah nigga Jay start letting the heat go. He blatienly shot me though, just off the simple fact that I wouldn't move." Noolen shook his head. "Nobody got rapped right?" I asked. "Nah." He shook his head and finished telling me the story. When I heard it was Marie with them I felt even worse. "Damn." I shook my head. Shit like that makes me think hard because somebody do something like that to my little sister, niggas are dead. I don't play that shit. I try to be affectionate as I can with females when she around so she can know that niggas are suppose to treat you right. I don't cross boundaries and do nothing sexual. One she a little girl and she don't need to be seeing that and two I want her to know about Love she can learn about that other stuff on her own. "You going to see Marie after this?" I asked Talia. "Yes I know she still probably scared and going crazy." Talia said. "Ima send you with some flowers for her." I said. "Aww." Talia smiled. "Yeah because I can't imagine some one feeling trapped like that and like you said it's probably bothering her." I nodded. "Lucas the gentleman." Noolen said. "It wouldn't help for yo ass to be a gentleman." Talia walked up to him. "Standing in front of you while a gun is getting pointed to ain't gentleman then I don't know what is." He said and they start laughing. Here come twelve *the cops* to start asking a million and one questions. I stood out the room like they asked while the both of them stood inside. I called my moms to let her know I'll be home later but her phone went straight to voicemail. Damn. I went downstairs and picked up the flowers for Marie and a teddy bear.
When I came upstairs the police was leaving and I went in the room to Noolen and Talia arguing. "What happened?" I asked. "She snitched to the police." He shook his head. "So what! Me and my best friend almost got rapped by some dust heads that you brought us around!" She bombed on him. "I was gonna get them niggas back, but how can I? The pigs prolly going to pick them up?" He leaned back in the bed. Talia rolled her eyes real hard at him it almost made me crack a smile because all females do the same shit. That rolling eyes shit is a killa.
We stood in that hospital for a while and he finally got released. I texted Fabe.
Me: Yo Unk ima take Noolen home and then I'm going to the crib.
Fabe: Aight no doubt.
We got in a cab, it was getting darker by the second. Since I don't got no more shit to do, I'll provably play with my little sister. Patty cake and shit. I called out work today too, I did not feel like dealing with Tasha shit. She too much. One minute she want to be together and the next she don't. I don't got time for that shit. I'll do her the honors and just never get back together with her. Ain't nothing wrong with hanging out but being together? Nah. "Good looking for getting me home bro. I appreciate it." We capped each other and I got in that same cab and went home. My mom was getting out some nice Red jeep. It was nice. The car sped off and I couldn't even meet the person who making my mom so happy. "Rahhh." I scare her and of course she jumped. "Boy." She said holding her chest. "I apologize but I had too." I said. "Like ima too whoop yo butt with this broom." She grabbed the stick and I ran to the room. "Lulus!" Makayla yelled. "Wussup?" I picked her up. She was in here watching cartoons with my cousins. "I got cookies for you." She showed me a pack of cookies that was under the bed. Which was mines but its okay. "All for me?" I asked. "Nooo you have to share with us." Greedy Miley said. She a little older than Makayla so she convince her to do more shit. That's kids for you and that's why I don't want none. "I got this for my brother." Makayla hugged my neck. "Its okay to share Kay Kay." I said. "You don't have to give nobody none. That's for you." She said. "It's alright." I smiled and gave all them one. She sat there telling me stories about what they was doing today. And then I start playing monster with them. If I grabbed they foot they had to be it. I kept getting caught so I can be it. Having fun in the house with my brats. I even told my bro Dillyn to bring his little sister since they was having a sleep over. It was fun.