Chapter Five ❤

LUCAS P.O.V.

Brothers and sisters I haven't seen in years was at my moms funeral. The funeral was messy and so was the burial. I was a mess of course. Its been a month and it still saddens me in the morning when my moms don't wake us up. Since I'm only eighteen I couldn't be the only one to watch over the house so my uncle, my moms favorite brother paid for the house to be broken down and rearranged so it can be enough room for my aunts and her kids to move in with me and Leilah. The only room they won't be able to touch will be my mothers. I don't care how they do it they can't break that one down. So for now me and Leilah live with one of my aunts. You know how they say you find out the truth about a person when you live with them? That's how I'm feeling. My aunt do funny things. All she about is money. My mother left me and Leilah a lot of money but she put it to where we can only touch it near every holidays and it was one emergency day just so we won't spend it all being flashy flashy. My aunt wouldn't believe me until I took her to the bank and they told her for herself. So it be enough for us because I still work at both jobs but rarely at my trap job because since we moved here Leilah been real uncomfortable. They kind of treat her mean because she little and she ask for my mom and they tell her straight up she dead. Like how the fuck she suppose to know what dead means? But knowing her she probably do. I just tell her mommy's gone. She one of them stars in the sky shinning down on us. When she say she want her I just tell her to talk to her because she going to hear whether or not she responds. I don't go to the trap because after living here for a few days I knew Leilah couldn't be left alone. With me locked up or possibly dead she would really have no one and I wouldn't be able to live with that in jail or as a dead person.
"Good morning Lulus." Leilah got up. "Good morning Lay Lay." I picked her up out of the bed and hugged her. "Today we having a pizza party." She smiled. "Allll-right." I said giving her a five because she was excited. I start getting her ready because I was already ready. Leilah go to school with one pony tail now because my aunt be in her bed sleeping while everyone getting ready for school. I wish we could've went with my Uncle but he only got one bed room and he be out of state late because he's a lawyer. And he do a lot of out of state clients. "I look pretty?" She asked. "Of course you do. You the most prettiest girl in the world." I grabbed her book bag. I had her bundled up. We going to stop at McDonald's this morning because she a little late and can't sit down and eat cereal so Will in McDonald's ordering her breakfast. "Go say later to auntie." I said. "Lulus she sleeping." Leilah peeked in her room. "Oh okay come on." We left. Meeting up with Will in McDonalds I bumped into Marie and Renee too because they were there. "How much I owe you bro?" I asked. "Some sleep nigga. We got a whole half and hour to do completely nothing." He said. "Come with me to drop her off and we all can go." I said. "And I apologize. Wussup ladies." I hugged Marie than Renee. They both said hello back. We all got on the bus with Leilah and she was eating her food and drinking her juice. "That's your daughter?" Renee asked. "No. This my little sister." I said. "I told you that plenty of times." Will said. "But they look just alike. I know people be thinking that's your child." Renee said. "She my heart though." I rubbed her ponytail. "You the oldest?" Renee asked. "Umm no. But I'm all she know because my other siblings don't be around because they have their own lives. "Oh okay. She so gorgeous." Renee smiled. "What do gorgeous mean?" Leilah asked. "Very very veryyyyyy pretty." I smiled. "Oh thank you." She smiled to Renee. "Your welcome." Renee smiled. We got off the bus and went to Leilah school. She was there right on time. I brought a big apple juice for they little pizza party. "See you later Lay Lay. Call me when you get home from school." I said. "Okay." She smiled and went in class. We all start heading to work. "Please don't tell me she has a phone." Renee said. "No I'm saying when she gets in my aunt house. I like to know whether she ate? And are they treating her mean?" I said honestly. "If you treat her mean you ain't shit because she so beautiful and well mannered." Renee smiled. "Exactly." Marie said. "No disrespect but ya have the same parents?" Renee asked. "None taken but yes we do because when my father died my mom was pregnant but she missed carried and she said she want a daughter because she had my father's son. So my mom got my father sperm and you know the rest." I said. "So cool." Renee smiled. We all walked in foot locker and if looks can kill all four of us would've been dead by Tasha. It looked like a double date but it wasn't even like that. But she not even my girl to be stressing stuff like this. "Good morning everyone." I said. "You stole the words right out of my mouth." Marie sat next to me. They said good morning back besides Tasha. I didn't care though petty stuff going to happen regardless...