Chapter Four

Ann Marie P.O.V.

"Ann Marie, Talia here again." My mom knocks on the door. I opened the door. "Tell her come in." I said going back in the bed where I've been for a week. Talia rushed in the room. "Oh my gosh Marie are you alright?" She asked. "Starting ro get backs to my old self. Its all I think about are their faces and of courae that brought back the old memories that I've been teying to bury." I said as my eyes got watery. "I always tell you don't think about that rapist or thw other two who's locked up." She said. "That dont make me forget Talia. I was raped before its not fun or easy to get put back in the same position. I was so scared behind you that day. What if you didn't have mace? What if Noolen would've been on they side? All these questions haunts me!" Tears were pouring out of my eyes. "I know and I apologize Ann Marie foe bringing you there. I should've went by myself." Talia start crying. "Its far from your fault Talia. Thank God I did go. You probably would've stayed and thwy would've been able to plot they way to you both." I said wiping my tears. "No but still." She said wiping her own tears. I hugged her very tight. "I'm so glad to have a best friend like you." I said honestly. "Me too." She hugged me back. I was starting to feel better already. We start watching tv. "Can we clean up? Its dirty in here." Talia said and i start laughing because who do she think she is talking about my room. "Yes Talia we can clean up." I said getting out of bed. "And you need to shower and do that hair." She said. "Shut up leave me alone." I said as we laughed. "And did you ever thank Lucas for the flowers?" Talia asked. "I didn't even know he sent me some flowers. How do he know where I live?" I asked. "No I brought them here for you and he left a note and a teddy bear." Talia said passing me the note. It read, To Marie. I hope you're alright. I dont know how you feeling but I know you might not feel well. But just know you got through and if you need to talk I'll be here for you. I know you probably thinking im trying to get in your pants like those other cowards but this aint that type of party. I dont want to make you uncomfortable but if you feeling down just know you are strong! All girls are strong, they deal with things us fellas dont. And another thing is you're beautiful. Like i said before I hope I'm not making you feel uncomfortable because a lot of people start to doubt the way they look and stuff after things like that happen to them, so im trying to lift your spirit while telling the truth. If you want to talk you can call me. 555-5555.

"Aww that was so sweet." I smiled. "That's what I said and he was being so nice in the hospital too. He made sure bae got home safely and everything." Taliah said. "He so nice." I smiled and grabbed my phone. I sent him a quick text. Then we cleaned the room, I got dress and we went to my job to make sure I still have it. "You better hope that bitch not in charge." Talia said as we got on the bus and Lucas was on it with some cute brown skin boy. "Oh I was just about to text ypu back. Wussup? How you feeling?" He asked as we hugged. "Feeling better." I said. "That's wussup." He hugged Talia. "Who's your friend?" Talia asked. She cant help her thotty ways. "Oh my name is Will." He stuck his hand out and she shook it. "Talia and this my single best friend who need a jawn Marie." We all start laughing. "Excuse her crazy ways but yes I am Marie." I said shaking his hand. Weall got off the bus and went in foot locker. I went and spoke to someone higher than Tasha. "Hello Ann Marie." My boss Penelope said. "Hi Penelope. I've been meaning to call you and let you know what's been going on with me." I said kind of down. "It's no need to worry honey. One of the co workers let me know you was going through problems and then your friend must have called me five to ten times to tell me you guys story. I was just happy you got to get away, unlike me back in the days. I got raped and its like a nightmare. And some days it just replay and replay." She said. "Same here. I wasn't so lucky when I was younger and I try to put it behind me but when that happen all the memories came back and I could not move, eat or nothing but cry and sleep." I explained. "Its alright. You can come back to work when ever you feel better." She said wiping her tears before they mess up her make-up. "No im fine now i can start back tomorrow." I smiled. "Oh okay." She smiled and then I left. "Well how it went?" Talia asked. "Good she said I can come right back." I smiled. "Yes." She said as we went to her building and invited all the girls over. Aaliyah, Remy, Gina, Tiffany, Karma and Lora came over. We all start smoking and drinking. I like being around the girls because thwy be having so much gossip and everyone civilized even though I miss Durk and then but I'll get to them tomorrow.