Daughter of the Games (Sequel to Pregnant in the Games)

Author's Note: This is a sequel to my story Pregnant in the Games. If you haven't read that, go read that first! Then you can come and read this! 

Dedicated to RoseFury for winning my name contest! She gave me the name Drea. By the way, it's pronounced "Dreya," in case there was any confusion. Congratulations, RoseFury, you just named a main character! 

Prologue:

My name is Crystal Rhymer Erwin. I'm 18 years old. I live in District 12. My parents are Willow and Talon Erwin, famous "victors" of the 100th Hunger Games, the last Hunger Games ever held. I'm known as the Daughter of the Games, because I was carried and born in the Hunger Games. I have a little brother, two years younger than me, named Cane. We're really close. Cane and I are also very close to Drea Mellark, who's also two years younger than me. Drea is the daughter of Rayne and Gale Mellark, the only other two survivors of the Games, besides my parents. 

My life is really good. I have a perfect relationship with my parents. I never have to starve like the generations before me. Since Katniss, our current president, is from District 12, we no longer starve. None of the Districts starve. Katniss spends her time in District 12, so it's become more of a rich District than it used to be before I was born. Now, we live normal lives. We're not rich like District 1. We're not starving like how we used to be. We're right in the middle. 

However, despite this perfect life that I live, there's nagging questions in the back of my mind. Mom keeps me isolated from my past. She wants me to ignore it and pretend that it doesn't exist, but I want to know more. I know that Talon isn't my real dad and that Cane's only my half brother. My biological father is Luke Corwin. Mom told me that he died shortly after she went into the Games, so I hadn't been born yet. She never tells me anything about him. All I have is one lousy picture that I keep in my bedside table. 

She also never tells me anything about the Games. I don't know anything about what happened to her in there. Mom is covered in scars that are going up her forearms. She has a scar on the side of her stomach, too. Also, the worst scar of all, is on her neck. She tries to hide it with scarves most of the time. She never tells me how she got the scars. She just tells me that they're from the Games. I know that there's stories there. She just won't tell me. 

When Katniss came into rule over Panem, the old copies of the Hunger Games were burned. She wanted to eliminate the memory of the Hunger Games and call it a thing of the past. We learn about the Hunger Games in school. Our teachers remember those days well, since it was just 18 years ago that the last Games were held. However, I never get to hear the personal stories. What happened to Mom and Dad while they were in those Games? What about Rayne and Gale? They were in there for 7 months. A lot of things must've happened. 

So I live my life with the nagging question of my real father. How did he die? Mom won't tell me. What was he like? Mom won't tell me. I want to know who my real dad was! Is that too much to ask?

***

Do you like what you've read? Go to my website ( https://haileyladonna.wordpress.com/) and sign up for email notifications. There, you'll find work not published to Wattpad, as well as blog posts and updates on my life.

Quick little introduction to get our story started! So yeah. Willow and Talon had another kid. Gale and Rayne had a daughter. WILLOW'S BEEN LYING TO CRYSTAL ABOUT LUKE! 

School is starting really soon, you guys. I'll update as often as I can, but I'm about to get super busy. I'll try my hardest. I love you! 

-emukid96/Hailey