0.2 Bird Scene

The next day, I walked into Mr. Sikowitz class. Sitting in the back row of chairs, i put my bag in the chair next to me, pulling out my new book. I just got it this morning and I'm already on Chapter 6. After reading about three pages, my classmates started piling in the classroom. Someone stood next to my chair and cleared their throat. I looked up to see Beck standing next to me.

"Do you want to sit down?" I asked him while moving my bag. I smiled politely and he returned the smile, sitting next to me. I went back to read my book.

"So..........nice book! How far are you?" Beck asked me.

I looked up to see our faces a little closer than i expected. I took a deep intake of breath and said. "Past Chapter 6."

After like 2 minutes. I looked away from him awkwardly. I felt his stare on me as I put my book in my bag. I looked back at beck and stared into his beautiful brown eyes. "Così bello."

"What does that mean?" Beck asked me as he pulled as confused face.

"So handsome." He smiled at me and poked my nose.

"You're too cute."

I giggled and turned my attention towards Mr. Sikowitz.

"Okay class. Today we will be doing improv exercises. Pretend your Neanderthals playing guitar. Go!" 

Everyone got up and started to stroke an invisible guitar while grumbling loudly.

"Okay. Now dolphins!" Then everyone started to 'eek' while jumping with the limbs close to their bodies. At that moment, Tori came in.

"Alright, everyone settle down." Sikowitz ordered. Everyone got to their seats but I sat in Beck's seat while Beck sat on my lap by accident. I laughed and pushed him off to get to my right seat. Beck gave me a charming smile while brushing back his hair.

"So, Tori. Are you ready to perform 'The Bird Scene'?" Sikowitz questioned Tori.

"Yep." Tori replied.

"Fantastic!" Sikowitz exclaimed. He started to walk to the back of the room while Tori walked towards the stage. Sikowitz picked up his coconut with the straw inside. "And.....ACTION!" Sikowitz yelled while sitting down and drinking from the coconut. He yelled right next to my ear so i jumped a little.

Tori started. "It was 1934 when my husband left me. Alone. Living on the prairie was a dreary existence. No telephone, No radio, only a large majestic bird with whom i shared my feelings. One day when I was feeling low i said to him, "Bird. You can fly! You can soar miles away from this place yet you stay. Why?" And apparently, my question rang true for that afternoon, the bird left and so went my spirit." She dramatically put her head down while heaving a heavy breath.

Everyone clapped for her performance. Tori raised her head with a smile. "So.....did I pass? Tori questioned Sikowitz.

"Oh no. Far from it." Sikowitz said like it was an everyday conversation.

"What why not? She was fantastic!" I exclaimed to Sikowitz.

"Ah she was. She just didn't pass." Sikowitz took a calm sip from his coconut before continuing. " Oh,  and you will have to do "The Bird Scene" before you ever want to participate on anything performance wise."

If smoke could blow out of my ears right now.