2.1 The Great Ping Pong Scam Pt. 2

"So, do you have a valid reason to be in the vending machine besides spying on us?" I asked Tori.

"Ya see....." Tori started before she tried to run off.

Beck and Andre caught her and we watched as she struggled in their arms.

"I got it! i got it! Buzz off!" Tori exclaimed as they finally let her go.

Robbie repeated my question. "Why were you hiding in there, spying on us?"

"cause i had a feeling, your guys ping pong team was just a big fake, and i was right!" Everyone shares an uneasy glance. "You guys weren't practicing ping pong! You were playing retro party games!"

i input. "I still fail to see the problem." Everyone looked at me. "I mean, you aren't on the team so what's the problem? It doesn't concern you." I shrugged.

"Aurora?!" Cat gasped.

"Well." Tori said as she looked away from me.

"I didn't mean to be spiteful, i'm just saying!" I tried to explain before Beck walked over to me and put his hand over my mouth.

"Just shhhhhh."

"So what is up?" Tori asked.

Again, everyone looked around with uneasiness.

Andre finally broke the silence. "I say let's tell her."

Jade groaned. "No!"

Beck looked at her. "Yes!"

Jade looked at me. I looked back at her. That look that only best friends know.

Jade huffed out a breath and finally relented. "Fine." She grabbed my wrist and pulled me over to the couch. "Tell her."

We both plopped down on the couch and got comfortable. I sat down and Jade laid her head on my lap.

Andre started telling the story. "It started two years ago, with that Ping Pong table suddenly appearing in this room."

"We just walked in and it was right there." Andre continued. "Then Robbie suggested that the five of us form an official ping pong team here at Hollywood Arts to compete against other schools."

"So i slapped Robbie hard on the top of his head." Jade interrupted with a smirk.

"It really hurt." Robbie said dejectedly.

Everyone stared at him. "What? It really hurt."

Tori looked at him like he was missing a few screws. "I heard that! So...?"

"A few days later, Me, Andre, Jade and Robbie were hanging out." Beck kept the story going.

"When Cat walked up." Jade said.

"She was all pumped up about this fancy restaurant that her parents took her too the weekend before." Andre explained.

"They had amazing steaks and crab cakes, and lobster mashed potatoes and classy live music, and the most insane deserts i have ever tasted!" Cat said enthusiastically.

"Which all sounded pretty good to us!" Andre laughed.

"Then I said, 'Well we gotta go there!'" Robbie added.

"And i told Robbie that there was no way we could go there because it was really expensive." Car explained.

"Where is this story going?" Tori asked impatiently.

"Patience amico." I said before Beck got himself settled next to me.

"It actually gets weirder." He says before his hand starts to okay with my hair.