Period Calculator App

So this was the first question someone sent to me(she said she doesn't want her name to be mentioned.)

The question was:
"Hi. I saw your announcement in your other book; give love a shot. I have been having problems calculating when my period is actually coming. It always comes unexpectedly and I stain myself countless times. Can you please recommend any period calculating apps that are good and what to look out for, for any of those apps. I've tried a few but they were rubbish. Which one do you use? Hope I get a reply. Thx."

My Answer:
I know many people are experiencing what she asked so I decided to do this one first.

So what exactly is a menstrual(period) calculator?
It is an app which which is supposed to give you an accurate guide of your menstrual cycle dates, when you are ovulating and a few other stuff. Every girl should really have this apps because they deem useful.

Why should you track your period?
I think it completely sucks getting caught off guard by your period without your supplies. Keeping track of your menstruation cycle can help you predict when your next cycle will start.
Tracking your monthly cycle can also help you determine when you will be most fertile. So for most teens you should take extra precaution during such times to avoid unwanted pregnancy.

What to look out for:
The first things you look out for before downloading these apps are:

1.If they only ask a few questions:
If they are asking a few questions then the app is not going to give you an accurate answer. I've seen apps that only ask you two questions, which are, when was your last period and how old are you! Ofcourse they gave stupid dates that were wrong. If they are not asking alot of questions about you then don't use the app. It most likely is not good enough. Every extra question the app asks, is like adding more percentages to ensure it gives a 100% result.

2.They ask for your height, weight, age, any medical conditions, if you use birth control:
When you start seeing questions like this then you know the app is most likely genuine. A menstrual calculator needs to know your weight for so many reasons. It affects your period dates especially. Also your medical condition (if you have any) affects alot of stuff. Some conditions would make you not have periods for months or would set your actuall period dates nearer or further. And ofcourse using birth control can affect your menstrual cycle, so make sure they ask for questions like these.

3.Check the ratings and reviews:
I know that to some people this does not matter but in reality it does. You know a fairly good app when it hits atleast 4.0 stars. I usually don't ever go below 3.8 because they tend to be crap. Check the reviews, especially those that gave it 1 or 2 stars. Those people are not haters, they are giving you exactly what is wrong with the app and the reality of downloading it. Check star ratings of 3. They are usually the most honest people. Their reviews would give you the ups of the apps, as well as the downs. If you want to be convinced on downloading the app, check ratings 4 and 5 stars. Their reviews would show the best things about the apps. This is good cause we all need to know the reasons of downloading the app as opposed to other ones.

Recommended Apps For Accurate Results:
For Those With Regular Cycles (and even irregular):

1. Perod Tracker, My Calender: This is the app that I know most people use and it is usually like 99.9% accurate. It has over 50 million downloads and I can tell you why. This app asks for details. Lots of details of you. It gives you your expected body temperature during your period, allows you to add your moods, notes are also added. It gives you your most fertile days etc. The app has a 4.7 star rating so check it out. Its on google play also.

2. Clue: One of the best things about Clue is that it learns from the data you give it to become better at predicting your cycle over time. It has a period reminder and also allows you to add moods. It gives you pretty accurate results. It also shows your most fertile days.

3. Period calender, cycle tracker: This app has over a million downloads. Not many people use this app but from what I have read it is also pretty accurate. The app has a nice appearance and gives you fairly accurate results.

4. Glow: This app as I have heard is also pretty accurate. It mostly deals with people who are trying to get pregnant so not exactly what teens are looking for in an app right now. Besides that, it give you healthy life tips and shows accurate peeiod dates as well as your moods.

A/N
So I hope I answered all your questions concerning this topic.

Give comments on any apps you would recommend. If you agree or disagree with anything I said comment on it.

Don't forget to send in your questions.

Vote and comment!!

Apples and red bananas¤☆¤