Deja Vu

QUESTION:
Hey. I just simply love your teenage book and I also have one problem. Well you know sometimes when something is happening, I feel like this thing has happened before, like some sort of deja vu feeling. Do you know what are those? -
by sandy1235(try and follow her)

ANSWER:
So what exactly is deja vu????

Even though deja vu is French for "already seen", it actually is used to describe the strange feeling you get when you're in a situation, and feel like you've been in the exact same situation before, but really haven't. Most people think it means the same thing happening twice, which is wrong.

EXAMPLE
Say, for example, you are traveling to England for the first time. You are touring a cathedral, and suddenly it seems as if you have been in that very spot before. Or maybe you are having dinner with a group of friends, discussing some current political topic, and you have the feeling that you've already experienced this very thing -- same friends, same dinner, same topic. That's deja vu.

CAUSES
Some believe déjà vu involves emotional responses to similar events; others figure the brain short circuits, sending an event to memory just a split second before putting it into consciousness.

According to many studies, approximately two-thirds of individuals have experienced at least one episode of déjà vu in their life. About 60-80% of people experience deja vu in their life.

Some say it's cause by a glitch in the brain. Other scientists say there is a split-second delay in transferring information from one side of the brain to the other. One side of the brain would then get the information twice - once directly, and once from the 'in charge' side. So the person would sense that the event had happened before.

Some even believe that if you have been under some major stress lately, your chances of having deja vu are higher.

Because of it's nature and various uncertainties, no true cause has been derived. These are just mere hypothesis which scientists are trying to prove.

IS IT GOOD OR BAD?
Deja vu seems to be completely harmless as 70% of the population have reported experiencing it. So it really does not affect you in any bad way. It is more prominent in people aged 15-25 but if you are younger or older than this range it doesn't really matter.

HOW TO REDUCE IT
Deja vu is associated with high levels of stress. If you want to reduce or completely stop its reoccurence, relax more often.

Take a break from the fast beating of your activities/work. Relax and try to chill more often. This has been a major solution to those experiencing deja vu.

A/N
Hey everyone,

Thank for your question. I hope I answered all uncertainties.

Don't forget to pm any of your questions.

Vote and comment

Cookies and brown onions