Chapter One

**Jade's P.O.V.**

Whore, slut, hoe, bitch. Just a few of the many names called and whispered at me as I walk down the school corridor. Jade Thirlwall, that's me. The school punching bag. Not literally but it seems like it. People tend to not like me just because I like girls. Yeah, I'm a lesbian and there's one girl in particular who has caught my eye. And there she is. Queen bee of the whole school. Head cheerleader and head girl. Perrie Edwards. She pulls a disgusted face at me and she approaches with her sidekicks. Jesy Nelson and Leigh-Anne Pinnock.

"Oh look who it is, girls!" her geordie accent rings through the hall. "If it isn't Little Miss Jadey! How are you today, slut? Oh wait! We don't care," Perrie says before "accidently" knocking into me, spilling my books all over the floor. Her tinkling laugh echoes through the corridor before she says, "Let's go girls" and her boots click away down the hall. I sigh and bend down to pick up my books. This is what it's like everyday. Every. Single. Day. Perrie would pick on me as soon as I walked through those big double doors, and my bestfriend, Sam, would help me pick up my books. As usual, a pair of tan hands start helping me collect up my stuff.

"Here ya go, Baba," Sam says, handing me my books. I wipe away the tears that had already escaped before my first period bathroom trip and smile at him, taking my books. Sam was my boyfriend until he found out that I liked girls. At the time, he freaked out but now he's totally cool with it. I thank him and we start walking to my first period class. Sam always walks me to my first class. He's a gentleman like that. "Why do you even tolerate her?" Sam asks.

"Because," I say. I haven't told Sam about my little crush on Perrie. I sigh. Perrie. She's perfect, that is, when she's not bullying me. Her piercing ocean blue eyes and soft blonde hair that falls perfectly without her trying. Her angelic voice I get to hear over the loud speaker every morning when she makes the morning announcement, and when she spits hurtful words at me . . .

"Baba? Jade?" Sam says, snapping me out of my thoughts. I nod at him as the bell rings. He smiles sympathetically at me and runs off to his class. I wait until he is out of sight before turning around and walking in the direction of the bathrooms.