Chapter Seventeen

**One month later**

**Jade's P.O.V.**

I was finally being let free. I was able to go home! Everything was healed . . . enough. I asked the doctor if I could see Perrie before I went home and he said yes. Zayn helped me into a wheelchair (as I wasn't stable enough to walk). He wheeled me up to Perrie's floor and stopped outside her door.

"Are you sure about this, Jade?" he asked.

I nodded, giddy with excitement. I was finally seeing my girl after a month of both of us being in hospital. Perrie was still too weak to walk. I was also worried about what I was going to see. Would she be better? Or would she be worse? Of course she can't be worse, stop being silly Jade!

Zayn wheeled me in and after a quick hello, he left me and Perrie to it, after saying to give a shout when we were done. Perrie looked better than she did before, but not back to normal. She was fatter, but still really thin. Her cheeks weren't as sunken in and she didn't look so tired. The scars on her wrists were gone and she was grinning from ear to ear.

"Hi Perrie," I say nervously.

"Jadey!" She reached out for a hug. I did my best but my head and back were still pretty sore. Instead, I pressed my lips to hers. I miss the feeling of her lips moving in sync with mine. I moan and lean in for more but she pulls away. I pout.

"Sorry Jadey," she laughs.

"So how are you?" I ask, wheeling my chair closer to her bed.

"Never been better," she replied. "And you?"

"Still a bit sore, but I'm healed enough to go home!" I say, excited at the thought of going home. No more horrible hospital food. No more doctors checking on me every hour. No more noises that I really don't want to hear ever again. Especially the one of people making out in the ajoining toilet to my room. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the patient either, if you know what I mean.

Perrie smiles and I take her hand, which is resting beside her on the bed.

"Perrie? Can you tell me why you asked Louis to go away?" I ask. Perrie snatches her hand away and I try my hardest not to look hurt.

"He hurt you, Jadey! He was the one who did this to you! He is the reason you were in hospital!" she shouts.

"Yeah but he's also the reason I remember you," I reason. Perrie freezes. She's silent for a while before answering.

"Jade, he's not a good guy."

"He is!" I burst. "He helped me remember everything! From school stuff to you! He showed me pictures of us and helped me remember all your favourite things! Perrie, he is a good guy, and he didn't mean to do what he did. He thought it would help you get back together with Zayn because Zayn's unhappy! And I can tell he still loves you, Perrie! I can see it when I talk about you! The look in his eyes! I'm sorry, but Louis is a good guy and if you don't like him, you can go back to Zayn. Because if you don't like my friends, then we can't be together." I spin my chair around and wheel towards the door. I expect Perrie to say something to stop me but by the time I am at the door, she is still silent and looking down at the drip stuck in her hand. I really don't want to leave on this note but if she wasn't going to stop me, I'll leave her. I wheel out the door and Zayn stands, opening his mouth to say something.

"You can have her. She's all yours," I say, sharp tone in my voice, and wheel down the corridor and into the elevator. The last thing I see, before the doors close, is Zayn running back to Perrie's room.

A/N: Feel free to shoot me because this chapter is not enough to make up for not updating. I am so so sorry guys. I've been super super busy.

Thank you to all the reads and votes, I'm always so shocked when I see how many there are. Ily all xxx

You know what to do.

- H x.