Chapter Fifteen

**Jade's P.O.V.**

I wake and blink in the bright light. Man, they really need light dimmers in here! I look over to my left, where Louis usually sits and frown. That's not Louis . . . that's . . . Zayn?

"Zayn?" I croak. He looks up from his phone and smiles.

"Hey Jade. How you feeling?" He asks. And then the pain came. I squeeze my eyes shut and Zayn makes a panicking noise.

"Pain relief please, Zayn," I manage to groan. He shoots up from his seat and presses a button beside my bed. Almost instantly, the pain subsided to just bearable. "Thanks," I sigh. And then I remember my earlier question. "Where's Louis and Perrie?"

"Uh . . . um," Zayn instantly looks uncomfortable. "They, uh . . . had to . . . do something . . ."

I frown. "Do what?"

"I . . . I don't know. They, uh, didn't say . . ."

"Zayn. Please tell me the truth," I demand.

Zayn sighs. "Perrie was here and then something happened to you and she was panicking and Louis dragged her out and said to stop blaming herself and then she turned and started blaming him and got mad at him and sent him away. Louis then called me and told me and I came here. When I got here, Perrie was asleep in one of the waiting room chairs and she was so skinny and I convinced her to turn herself in because she was sick so now she's in a room a few floors up."

I stare at him in shock. "Wait . . . wait. Perrie snapped at Louis and told him to leave. After all he's done for me . . ." I trial off.

"I can get him to come back . . ." Zayn offers.

"No wait. Hold on. I need to talk to Perrie," I say, determined.

"Uh, you can't. Neither of you are allowed to move. You 'cause of your back and head, and Perrie 'cause she's really weak," Zayn says, apologetically.

"Oh. Okay . . . Can I text her?" I ask, hopeful. "Or call her?"

Zayn shakes his head sadly. "Sorry Jade."

I slump back on my bed, defeated.

"But I could pass on a message. I was actually just going to see her just before you woke up. But then you . . . then you woke up," Zayn says, pointing over his shoulder towards the door.

"Uh . . . no, it's okay. It can wait." I smile.

"You sure?"

"Yep," I say, popping the 'p'.

Zayn smiles and then stands. "Is it okay if I go see how Perrie's doing now?" he asks. I nod and he leaves. I sigh and lean back. I wish I was out of this stupid hospital. I wish I could go see Perrie. I wish I could stand without hurting myself. I wish my life was okay again.

But it wasn't. I had to stay in this stupid hospital with a stupid head injury. I couldn't go see Perrie and she couldn't come see me. I remember her fragile looking body, her clothes hanging off it, making her look like a child dressed up in her mother's clothes. Her stick thin wrists that look like they could snap at any second. Her sunken in cheeks and those horrible black bags under her eyes. She looked like a ghost.

I send up a silent thank you to Zayn. Thanking him for helping Perrie. Thanking him for making her realise that she was sick and needed help. I did that to her. I was responsible for her illness. And it killed me to think that. She really did love me and it tore her apart, literally, when I couldn't remember her. She was so broken, so hurt by it all, I never wanted to make her, or see her, like that again.

My eyelids drooped, sleepiness washing over me. How was I still tired? I slept all the time in here. It was the only thing to do. I let sleep take over and fell asleep, dreaming of the beautiful blonde.