Chapter Five

**Jade's P.O.V.**

*Monday*

I haven't seemed to get Perrie off my mind all weekend. Usually she's not on my mind as much as she is now. Perrie . . . Perrie loves me. She told me she loves me and it's amazing. I walk through the front doors of the school with a huge smile on my face. As per usual, nasty names are whispered and called at me but I ignore them. The girl I love loves me back! I spot Perrie and her crowd up ahead as I stop at my locker. But this time she doesn't come up to me and call me names. I sneak a glance at her and she's already looking at me. We both look away quickly.

"Why isn't Perrie over here picking on you?" Sam asks as he walks up to me.

"Does it matter?" I say in annoyance. "All that matters is that she's not picking on me."

Sam nods. "You're right." I shut my locker and we head in the direction of my class. Just as Sam is about to leave for his class, we hear shouting behind us.

"But Zayn it didn't mean anything! I was drunk!"

"So? I don't care because we're through," Zayn says and he runs past us and out the door. Sam and I turn around to see Perrie sobbing in Leigh-Anne and Jesy's arms. She gives a cry and runs into the bathrooms. Leigh-Anne and Jest don't bother to run after her. Sam and I exchange looks before Sam runs off for his class. I wait until he's out of sight before running after Perrie.

**Perrie's P.O.V.**

Zayn just broke up with me because he found out about Jade and I. He's no saint either! He sleeps with whatever he can get his hands on. And that's only me a few times. The door to the bathroom opens and Jade walks in. What's she doing here?

"What's wrong?" she asks, setting her bag on the floor and walking closer to me. She looks really concerned. I couldn't look in her eyes, knowing I'd crumple.

"None of your business," I reply, subtly.

"Please."

I look at her and sigh. "Zayn broke up with me because he found out about Friday night." Jade gives me a sympathetic look before pulling me into a hug. Sparks shoot through me where her skin touches mine. I'm sure she feels it too but she doesn't pull away. The door to the bathroom opens again and Jesy walks in.

"Oh sorry. I'll come back later," she says before giving me a wink and walking out.

"We're not . . . I'm not . . . Jesy!" I pull out of our hug and call after her but she's gone. Probably to spread the word. I sigh in frustration and sit down on the cold, tiled floor. Not very hygenenic but who cares. Jade stands awkwardly with her back to me.

"What are we?" she asks, quietly.

"We're nothing. It was just a mistake. A drunken mistake." Her face falls and she grabs her bag, pushing past me and running out, without saying a word.