Chapter Six

As Jade walked out, I couldn't help but feel sad. Jade's face when I said that it was a drunken mistake . . . it just fell. I wanted to run after her, kiss her and tell her I didn't mean it. But I couldn't. I can't tell the world that I'm . . . What am I? I love Zayn but I love Jade more. And I don't walk down the street and see a girl and go "Dayyyym! She's hot!" but I don't do that to guys either. Does that mean I'm bi? The door to the bathroom opens and I look up, hoping it is Jade but it's only Jesy and Leigh-Anne.

"Lover girl gone, huh?" Jesy mocks.

"I don't love her!" I say through gritted teeth. Jesy and Leigh saw me go upstairs with Jade, locked lips. They were the ones who told Zayn. So much for best friends. "Why did you tell him?!" I shout.

"He deserves to know that you cheated on him . . . with a girl!" Jesy shouts back.

"I was drunk out of my mind!" I lunge at her but Leigh-Anne catches me, holding me back.

"But I heard you say you love her!" Jesy screams.

"I was drunk!" I shout again, trying to get free to Leigh-Anne's grip and grab at Jesy. "He sleeps with different girls everynight but you don't see me breaking up with him! You ruined my life! You ruined my chance with Jade and made Zayn break up with me." I stop struggling and drop to the floor and start crying. "Yes, I love Jade! There I said it! I flipping love Jade Thirlwall!" Jesy and Leigh sit down beside me and Leigh hugs me.

"Have you told her yet?" Leigh asks.

"No. That's the reason I bullied her. Because she likes girls," I cry. "I can't just change my mind!"

Leigh sighs and rubs my back. "Are there any other reasons?" she asks.

I shrug. "She might not like me back?" It came out more like a question than a statement.

Leigh smiles. "Get cleaned up before the rest of the school sees you. Your reputation will go down the drain if they see you." and they both walk out. I stand up and look in the mirror. Leigh was right. I look horrible. I don't want anyone to see me like this, especially not Jade. There she is again! I used to not think about her as much as I do now. Every little thing she does, I notice more than I did before. The way she twirls her hair around her finger when she's bored or her obession for biscuits. Her cute little smile that I only see when she's with Sam at lunchtime. Her fashion sense. It's like geek meet today if you know what I mean. I splash some cold water on my face and touch up my make up and walk out of the bathroom as the bell rings for second period.