Chapter Nine

**Jade's P.O.V.**

I close my locker door and turn towards the front doors. Today has been calm after Louis and Perrie's little . . . disagreement. I saw Perrie at lunch and she looked fine. Louis hasn't been back after he walked out of the school this morning. I push open the big door and start my walk home. I can't wait to get home, put my feet up and relax. I had just left the school grounds, walking past the park, when I hear a rustling sound coming from the bushes behind me. I turn around and study the bush. I can't see anything suspicious. I turn back around and take a step before the bush rustles again and I feel hands grab me. I open my mouth to scream but a large hand clamped over it, muffling my scream.

"Don't say anything, Princess, and everything will be okay," a deep voice says. The voice sounds familiar. I could smell the alcohol on his breath. There's only one person who reeks of alcohol and has a deep voice like that. Harry Styles. He pulls me into the bushes and throws me over his shoulder. Looking around to see if anyone is looking, he runs with me on his back, across the park, into a dark alley and dumps me on the ground. 

"What are you doing!" I say, frustrated. 

"Don't worry. This won't hurt a bit." Louis steps out from the shadows, chuckling and cracking his knuckles.

"What are you going to do?" I ask, scared. 

"Oh, nothing serious." He smirks. "Maybe."

I shudder as he steps forward and leans down so his face is close to mine. 

"This is for stealing Perrie!" he shouts and slaps me hard across the face. "This is for making Perrie break Zayn's heart!" His foot comes down hard on my stomach and I wince in pain. "And this." He punches my eye. "Is for my pleasure." He smirks again and starts kicking my stomach over and over again. The pain is unbearable. Harry soon joins and after a few kicks and punches, I start to cough up blood. I feel him lift me up and slam me against the wall of the alley. My head knocks against the hard brick wall and I feel Louis lift me up and throw me across the alley. I slam into the opposite wall and feel myself slipping away but not before I hear Louis say, "That's what you get, Princess, for messing with us. Stay out of the way and this won't happen again." He drops me and him and Harry walk out of the alley, laughing. I try to stand up but my head swims and I fall back to the ground. My head is aching and I see stars just before my eyes close and I slip away . . .

***********************************

**Perrie's P.O.V.**

I take a deep breath before knocking on the familiar door of Zayn's house. I hear shouting and then the door unlocking before the familiar face of Zayn's little sister, Safaa, pokes her head out. 

"Perrie!" she exclaims. "Zaynie is just inside. Come in!"

"Thank you, Safaa," I say, stepping into the warm house. Safaa runs ahead and up the stairs to Zayn's room. I follow slowly just in case Zayn has a mental fit and yells. Safaa knocks on the door of Zayn's room and opens the door without a reply.

"Get out Safaa!" Zayn shouts.

"You have a guest," Safaa says before beckoning me in. I step in cautiously and Safaa runs out, slamming the door behind her. Zayn looks a mess. His usually perfect quiff is flattened and messy. He looks like he hasn't shaved in weeks and he smells. I fight the urge to block my nose.

"Perrie. What are you doing here?" he asks, realizing he's a mess and tries to straighten himself up.

"Louis told me I should come and apologize. And I didn't really want to apologize but Jade-" His face hardens when I say her name. "-convinced me that you at least need an explanation."

He looks at me, expectantly and I take a deep breath. "I, uh, I think I love Jade. And I know that you love me, well I couldn't tell when we were dating but Louis said you did so I guess it's true, but I . . . I can't do this anymore. I -" He holds up his hand, signalling for me to shut up.

"That's enough explaining, Perrie. You can leave now," and he gets up and opens the door for me.

"But I -"

"Doesn't matter. You can go," he cuts me off again and with a small push, pushes me out of the room and shuts the door after me. I let myself out and hop in my car and drive home. Guess Jade and I will be okay . . .