Chapter 33

Lynette had cleaned the house from top to bottom including herself and I knew that was especially for Tobias. He loved his women to be clean cut and well kept. He was a collector of beautiful things whether he liked to admit it or not. It surprised me that she hadn't made dinner, but then the real surprise came shortly after mentioning it to her. She was sitting in the kitchen in a lovely tight red dress with curled hair and precise makeup. As I asked her that innocent question, she said, "Tobias wants you to make dinner, for the two of us."

"Excuse me?"

"Tobias has ordered that you make dinner for him and me."

"I don't think so."

"Don't say I didn't warn you."

Oh how I wanted to slap her. I should have slapped her. I would always regret not slapping her. Tobias arrived home early, which was yet another surprise. My blood ignited the moment I heard her flounce out of the kitchen to greet him. What the hell was wrong with me? I shouldn't have allowed this. I wasn't going to allow this. I marched down those stairs with confidence and met them at the bottom.

"I want her out of this house. You're not doing this to me." I said, hoping my voice was firm enough for him to realize I was serious.

"Where's dinner?" he asked, completely ignoring me.

"I'm not making you and your bitch dinner."

Without warning his hand flashed across my face. I winced at the stinging contact, but kept myself on my feet.

"I ordered you to make dinner. Why isn't dinner ready?"

"I want a divorce Tobias. I'm done."

He pulled Lynette behind him and backed me up onto the stairs. I gripped the banister trying to hold my stance.

"You don't have the grounds for that."

"She's living in the house! You brought your mistress into the house; that is proof enough. I'm filing for divorce and you're signing the goddamn papers."

He grabbed my neck, stepping onto the stair with me.

"Get into that kitchen and make us dinner. I swear you're going to regret disobeying me. You remember what I'm capable of. Now get in there!"

He thrust me in the direction of the kitchen casting me a deadly glare. Lynette grinned behind him, walking up to slip her arm around his waist. Breathe, Madison, please breathe. He lunged forward making me cower all the way inside the kitchen. My heart was tearing in half. He couldn't do this. He couldn't do this to me. I gripped the refrigerator handle with half a mind to poison them both.I didn't deserve this! I'd always been kind to him; I let everything else slide. Why couldn't he grant me this one wish?

Their dinner was prepared in 30 minutes with no poison, no spit, and no foul play. I knew better than to further piss him off. He let me off easy and tonight was not the night to push him. As soon as they were served, I ran upstairs straight to the bathroom toilet. He was killing me, making me sick. Well, that was half true. He was killing me, yet helping me create life. I reached down to my stomach, stroking the small bump forming.

He was pushing out the mother of his son. I was carrying his son and I knew that was all he wanted. He would take back everything he'd said and would kneel before me, hugging my stomach to him. He'd kick her right the hell out and cater to my every need. He was a sick man and I prayed every night that my son didn't inherit his insanity. He would never know his son. He couldn't, or else he'd corrupt him and my son deserved to grow up undamaged. I stood up, brushed my teeth and climbed into bed. My body couldn't take any more stress today. He'd done enough to me today.